Chapter 8

She had agreed to the party as an escape; it turned out to be a nightmare, from the moment the cab dropped them at the house. It wasn't a house party that she had been led to believe it was a stupid frat party. It was a Saturday night, the house reeked of alcohol and she was sure the heels she had put on were sticking to the floor. She spent the evening drinking with Jason who was happily staying away from the alphas who didn't seem to care.

"I hate that this is a straight party," He shouted over the music that made the floor shake. Emily sighed into the plastic cup, she wasn't drunk but she couldn't get them home.

"Wanna dance sweetheart?" An alpha growled in her ear, her body reacted but she shook her head.

"I'm good," She denied. The alpha nodded walking off.

"You should dance," Jason called.

"I know for a fact they don't want to dance, at least not in the literal sense," Emily stated irritably. She glanced at her phone, 1 am, Kate would still be working.

"Wanna dance pretty boy?" An alpha asked Jason who happily nodded walking off.

"You should dance," Jason repeated drunkenly as he swayed to the music with the alpha.

They all looked the same, the same build the same hairstyle, the same alpha pheromones that were being pumped into the air. She glanced around and found Madi pinned against the wall as an alpha kissed her roughly. She sighed she did not want to be here.

"Emily right?" An alpha asked her, she looked up to see Kate's flatmate Ashton smiling down at her.

"Ash?" He grinned with a nod.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He chuckled.

"My friends dragged me," Emily admitted.

"Is Kate here?" She asked subtly, she wasn't subtle as the alpha chuckled at her.

"She's working, although she did say she might come after" He suggested. Emily felt her heart rate pick up at the thought. She had never seen Kate drink other than the occasional beer she drank at the apartment.

"I better go, I've got beer pong, come find me after" He grinned walking off.

"You shouldn't waste your time with that ass" An alpha chuckled at her and Emily downed the rest of the vodka in her hand.

"And why not?" She challenged the dark haired alpha that had been opening a beer beside her.

"Well for a start I'm far better in bed" He grinned cockily.

"Maybe you should prove it," Emily challenged as the alpha led her to the dancefloor. She danced with the alpha, her frustration growing as he danced close to her, he smelt like sweat and cheap beer. She glanced to see Jason drunkenly stumbling downstairs, it was time to go.

"Excuse me," Emily muttered as she walked away from the alpha, she caught Jason as he stumbled into her. "I think we need to go home," Emily suggested as the omega nodded into her shoulder.

"I think I might be sick," He mumbled into her shoulder. Emily rolled her eyes, she couldn't take him in a cab. Pulling out her phone she led him to the porch. She should have thought before calling.

"Hello?" Kate's voice came through.

"Hey, it's Emily."

"Are you ok?" The alpha instantly asked.

"Um, well, I'm at this stupid party and I need to get my friends home but they can't go in a cab," Emily admitted, the alpha chuckled.

"I can be there in 20," Kate responded.