Chapter 1: Awake

The Video Attached: NF - Wake Up
A/N - Music will always be attached to a chapter. You may listen to it if you want something to suit the mood. I know I love having music play to make the scene.
—————
It was blank...
I couldn't feel anything...
It was cold...

     I could hear the faintest voices calling for me in a void of numbness. Warmth enveloped me and my body was being pulled away from the darkness. It was like a battle of my mind and soul. While my mind felt safer in the shadows, my soul wanted to break free from it.

     "Ethan!"

Who..? Who's Ethan? Why is that name so familiar? It's a feeling of drowning. No matter how many times I try to gasp for air, only water fills my lungs, but I'm not dying. Where in the back of my mind did that name come from?

     "He's... he's waking up!"

So... I'm a male? Is that it? I guess it would make sense. Not many girls are named Ethan... and if they were, that's quite tragic.

     "Ethan, my darling..."

Now THAT is a new voice. I hear it, but don't understand it.

     "Finally. Now our lives can go back to normal."

Another new voice...

    "What is wrong with you Joseph?! That's our son!"

So... those two are my parents..?

    "No, he's our mistake, and my burden."

I'm a burden..?

     "JOSEPH!"

     My body was felt a strong force being pulled into a brilliant light. I wanted to reach out, to touch it... but the light was no longer giving me the warmth I had felt. It was cold, ominous... I don't wanna leave this void yet.

     "Ethan... please wake up. I want my big brother back..."

Brother...

     "I miss you..."

Should I... go into the light..? I don't want to be a burden.

     "P-Please..."

They sounded so desperate.
They were waiting.
I don't wanna be a burden.
I don't wanna hurt anyone.
But I'm hurting them by leaving.

........

...... I need to make a choice......

What if I make the wrong one?

........

........

I have to go wake up... I need to leave.

     With the slightest bit of hesitance, I reached out for the light, the cold, ominous, and beckoning light. It surrounded all I could see.