n i n e

The person in the photo: Hideaki

Almost another sennight had elapsed before you even knew it.

During the course of a week, you had taken note of the fact that your friendly relationship with Enki grew stronger after that time in the clinic. He had progressively opened up to you and you were contented to know that he was slowly tearing up the walls he had built around himself. Granted that you wished that he interacted more with other people instead of just you, you knew that taking one step at a time and letting him go in his own pace would keep things from overwhelming him. 

And of course, Yukio was still giving you the cold shoulder, except you didn't really give a damn about that. Heck, you even fancied him snubbing you rather than him acting like you two were confidants.

On the way to your next class which was Science for you didn't have Music on Fridays, you were with Enki who insisted to escort you to your room even if you incessantly denied his offer. A thought struck you, causing you to frown.

"Hey?" You started, and Enki's utter attention was now placed on you. "Yes?" He tilted his head in question. The walk was taking much longer than you'd preferred since the classroom was a little bit further away, the reason why you wanted to turn down Enki's offer in the first place. But that damned boy was as stubborn as a mule so you just decided to let him be, so long as the blame wasn't on you if he was late to his next subject.

"You said that at the end of the week, Sir Clorénvale would be leaving again for another trip?" Once he caught up to what you were insinuating, he began to look miffed. Sigh, you didn't want to bring up this topic to him but you had to, since the help that you'd be giving him would require for you to touch on this matter.

"I don't trust your mother, in all honesty. If you want to, you can come over to my place for the weekends? It's not like I'm anxious about you being alone with that woman, okay? I just think that since our manor have a lot of guest rooms that aren't being used at all, it'd be a waste to leave them unoccupied." There, you said it. It was probably risky for you to have a future genocidaire in your abode, but to hell with it. You couldn't just leave him in the care of that harlot not if you could do anything about it.

"Really?" He sounded so hopeful, but it was clear in his eyes that he was still doubtful if he should accept your proposal. "Will it really be okay for me to stay in your residence? I wouldn't want to be a burden..." 

"I'm your friend, aren't I? Don't you ever forget that you can depend on me. Unless that I am the only one assuming that that's our status-" 

"No!" He suddenly retaliated. Although he looked bashful afterwards, he didn't even hesitate to say the following words, "I also think... that we're close enough to be friends..." His cheeks were tinted with red. You knew that he was so cuddly-looking just from the first time that you've seen him, yet with how his current condition was as of the moment? It made him look a thousand times more endearing.

"Cute," you curtly let out. You weren't blind nor did you live under a rock to not know what beauty was, so of course you had to show your appreciation for that kind of stuff the moment that you were given a chance to do that. 

"Oh, we're here. And about what you've said... I'll be in your care. I prepared something for youㅡ so see you at lunch." He rushed his wordings before running off. You thought that he might've not heard your little compliment, but as he scurried away from you, his bright red ears were so apparent it was so amusing, and it turned out that the passersby also thought of the same thing.

You opened the closed door of the classroom that had the term 'Science' written on it. You were unsure if you saw a blur of black speeding towards your direction or you were just imagining it, but you soon realized that it was your newest friend when you were glomped into a hug immediately after stepping a foot unto the area's floorings.

"Y/n! Sit with me!"
.
.

Ruri Astrix, the sibling of Hideaki Astrix.

Although you hadn't even talked to her brother yet, and you had no intention to, you were buddies with his sister. 

It all started when you were in the library, checking all the books that were on the shelves as you scoured through every one of them just to find the work that you've been looking for. After hearing one of the girls in your class gush over that certain Drama novel, lightbulbs, without delay, flickered above your head. Yes! In place of all those dramatic manhwas you used to read, there were drama epistolary novellas here that could satiate your thirst for the said genre. Thenceforth, you straightaway made a beeline towards the school's archive, not knowing that that manuscript was unavailable at that moment.

Because you were mumbling the title of that story, she had managed to hear you and was able to provide you the very thing you were searching for. She was about to just return the book, but once she head you muttering the title, she told you that you wouldn't find it there for the tome was currently borrowed by her.

And that's how your companionship started. People who loved that category were quite rare in this world and time due to the upper crusts seeing this as a bootless errand, and because you two were in the right place and right time to actually meet, you two decided that it was fate that brought two Dramaturgy fanatics together.
.
.

"Have you finished The Blooming of Gladiolus Bulbs already?!" Ruri asked you enthusiastically as you two were now seated on the back row so that you duo could conversate without any nosy ears peering on you two.

"Yeah, the stepmother of Ibelina was so overbearing that I had to pause my reading just to not let my blood pressure get too high," you were excited to talk about one of the few things that you were passionate about. Yet of course, you weren't the type to scream and squeal like a hyena just because you were buoyant about the discussion.

"Can't you sound more eager? Now that I've thought about it, you and Hideaki are so alike! I'd love to introduce you two to each other during lunch!" Preparing to open your mouth to disclose to her the information that you had already set plans with Enki (Kane was missing for she had to be absent due to a fever) and that you had qualms with talking to that boy, she had already closed the argument before it even started.

"I won't take no for an answer!"

Oh boy.