t w e n t y f i v e

This was certainly bad but...

You'd been through worse.

'Calm down, Y/n, don't lose your cool over this shit,' you chanted repeatedly 'til it had actually managed to get through your thick head. Your dad did say that this wasn't finalized yet, so you still had time to find a loophole and elude the feasibility of being espoused to a chap who would make you lose every ounce of your sanity had you stayed in a room with him far longer than a minute.

"Plan? What are you implying? I simply want to spend the rest of my life with you and only you. Is that too much to ask for?" Yukio responded to your earlier inquiry. If you could just reach through the other side of this telephone, you would've enjoyed choking the hell out of Yukio using the cord. But on second thought, he would probably enjoy it and derive pleasure from it.

"I think this is enough talking with you for today. Meet me at school tomorrow at six in our Journalism room," you were itching to just slam down the telephone, but with your father watching you like a hawk, you were forced to constrain yourself and keep yourself from doing anything that would induce a rebuking from him.

"Okay! And perhaps we can-" You ended the call before you could hear another word.

"Seems like you're getting along with him just fine." You spoke in a low volume a while ago to ensure that he wouldn't sense the overwhelming hostility that you held towards Yukio. With him assuming that you and that masochist were in good terms, it looked like you accomplished that goal without a tangle.

"Father," you began, looking at him straight in the eye without showing any sign of fear. On the inside though, you wanted to piss your skirt.

Noticing the change in your demeanor, your father raised an eyebrow at you. "What is it?" He asked.

Sucking in a deep breath, it was now or never. This might be a plan that was just at its early stage, but you were sure that even if that was the case, Takuma would be good enough of an actor for your pop to not feel suspicious if he requested for the former's presence. 

Yes, you were planning to use Takuma. There was no reason to feel contrition because after all, he was using you for his own benefit so why couldn't you do so too? You were just utilizing your end of the bargain to get you out of a situation that you didn't even want to be in in the first place.

"I'm... already in a relationship with someone." You finally dropped the bombshell. His eyes widened, and if you looked closely enough, his mouth had slightly gone ajar as well. Clearing your throat, "This news would be severely damaging to the bond that I've formed with him and I don't want that to happen..." You cast your gaze downwards to complete your part of the act. 

"I... I see. Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Score.

"I was afraid." Think. Think! "I thought that since I'm your only daughter, you'd be strict with him, and in return, that would scare him away." Thank God you didn't stutter. You also checked if your speed of speaking had quickened or if your voice had gone up higher in pitch because those were the things that indicated that someone was not telling the truth. You had also kept your eye contact with your father, only breaking it when you diverted your gaze down to the floor to add an effect that would make you look pitiful in front of his orbs.

Mugen Ross sighed. If you had told him this the moment you'd established a connection with your significant other, he wouldn't have gone through lengths to chain you with someone else. But... with you ending up at the hands of the son of the Lovelles, your future would be secured considering that they were one of the most opulent families around and only a fool would break off a chance to have their daughter be engaged with their heir.