s i x t e e n

"With all due respect, Sir, but are we really going to just declare this case as closed?" One of the workers of Védale Detective Agency asked with creased eyebrows.

"Looks like the plan is working already," the chief muttered using an amused tone to display his current mood.

"What do you mean?"

"We've already sent our most proficient employee to investigate the recent murder at Royal Brix, and also guarantee the safety of the students. The 'Case: Closed' is just a tactic to make them hang loose enough for them to make a mistake that'll reveal their identity."
.
.
History Class Status: Ongoing with two classmates wrangling at the back.
.
.
"I can't believe that she made us partner up for this project." Hideaki complained as he tried to place more distance between you two.

"Acclimatizing to you in the classroom is already awful, but for me to spend my free time with you even after school? Purely nightmarish." You scoffed while bliss grew once he was now farther away from you.

You and Hideaki altercated as you two felt the world crash around you once the teacher announced that whoever you were seated next to, they'd be your companion for the project that would soon be announced. Apparently, 40% of your grade was covered by it, and granted that you weren't the most precocious of the lot, you knew that you'd have to exert as much effort as you could to not dawdle in this subject.

If only your partner was someone whom you didn't want to strangle. Shame.

"Whatever. Let's just finish this coursework as soon as possible so that I won't need to waste my time with someone as pathetic as you." This guy was really pushing your buttons.

"Likewise. Associating with you for an hour in this class is more than vexing, I don't need its longevity to increase." He should thank the teacher because if not for her, you probably would have pounced on him already.

'Oh dear god' You prayed inwardly, eyes twitching even when closed with your teeth gritted because of frustration. 'Please give me strength to not choke this guy. Fuck. He's worse than Yukio.' You finished with a deep exhale.
.
.
 At the School's Garden.
.
.
You didn't go to this place out of your own volition. Kane kept on persuading you to check this place out, and even if you were suspicious of her for suddenly gushing over this place out of the blue, you concluded that getting a fresh breath of air during the time in which you were vacant would relieve all the tension you've felt from feeling so much stress during these past few days.

Jiryu was unreservedly keeping an eye on you, in case that you tried to do something stupid again, and whereas you appreciated the gesture, being watched by someone was certainly suffocating if  too much attention was received. 

Enki had also been proprietorial to you in recent times. Wherever you went, he'd trail after you. Yes, he was cute, you'd give him that, but sometimes, you need some 'me' time, you know? You loved being around him, but much like how you were with Ruri, spending too much time with someone was taxing for someone like you who wasn't an extrovert. Ruri was also acting the same way as he.

Moving on to Hideaki, you detested that boy's guts. His comebacks were always witty and you loathed the fact that you were actually tipping your hat off to him for his highly insulting rebuttals. To make matters worse, after school ends, you had to meet up with him to discuss your plans about what preparations you duo should make.

Yukio was, remarkably, not chafing you for once. He had been steering away from you, but he wasn't giving you the go-by to the point that no pleasantriess were exchanged. Just enough that you two wouldn't speak to each other unless necessary. And to be honest, a week without Yukio causing rupture to the tranquility you achingly wanted to achieve? H e a v e n.