Sick day-Zap

Zap was not feeling well he woke up with a pounding headache and was really not in the mood to do anything or deal with Tung and his annoyingness "Zap get up and start doing your chores!" Jenny yelled over the intercom Zap groaned as he got up and walked out of his room and towards the bug enclosures and started doing his chores.

When he was done all he wanted to do was lay down and go back to sleep but of course Dex wasn't going to let that happen so instead of relaxing in his quiet room he's sitting in the meeting room with everyone basically yelling 'can everyone just shut up!' Zap yelled in his mind while rubbing his temples "I'm sorry Zap are we annoying you?" Dex asked crossing his arms and staring at Zap "huh?" Was all Zap said looking at them all confused "dude do you not remember yelling at us all to shut up?" Tung asked now Jenny was looking at him all worried "I thought I said that in my mind" Zap explained keeping his hands on the sides of his head "Zap are you okay?" Jenny asked trying to feel Zap's temperature but he flinched his head back "I'm fine" he growled standing up "good 'cause you and Tung can go and feed the (Insert weird bug name that's really hard to understand and pronounce)" Dex told Zap pointing his thumb behind him towards the habitat of the (weird bug) "why can't Tung do it by himself" Zap whined pouting like a child as he complained to Dex "because you have wings and they like to climb really high" Dex explained pushing Zap towards the enclosure.

Zap has had enough during feeding time Tung would not shut up and was not helping at all "dude wait up!" Tung called out Zap just sniffles and continued walking 'great now I've got a cold' he thought before bumping past Dex "Zap stop!" Tung shouted grabbing Zap's hand, Zap turned around and yanked his hand out of the frog boy's grip "can you just shut up for one second, I am not in the mood to deal with your bullshit today! I am this close to smacking you through every wall in this building!" Zap yelled showing his fingers were almost touching, Dex went to talk but was interrupted by Zap "don't you start either I'm done for today I'm going back to bed and I am staying there and if you need me I don't care" he growled and then turned towards Jenny "and do not override my lock" Zap then turned and stomped away sniffling every few steps.

Zap is laying on his bed trying to get comfortable but he just couldn't there are tissues everywhere and he'd cough every few minutes, he felt bad for yelling at his teammates 'they're the ones that pushed me too far, they've should've known my limit' "no it's my fault I should've just told Dex I was sick" Zap whined before sitting up and waiting out his dizzy spell and then getting up and going to find his team. He finds them in the first place he looked, they all turned towards the door as it opened to see Zap but this Zap was different he seemed shy and afraid Jenny was the first to speak "hey Zap how you feeling?" She asked quietly with no hostility in her voice "um I feel like a bad person" Zap opened up surprising the team members "why's that?" Dex asked looking at Zap worriedly "I should've told you I wasn't feeling well but instead I bottled it all inside and then yelled at you guys and I didn't mean anything I said...I just" zap tried to explain but a lump formed in his throat and tears sprang to his eyes as his looked to the floor his left arm clutching his right "I'm sorry" he chocked out after two silent minutes the tears falling from his eyes and hitting the cold metal floor, this surprised the team even more Zap never showed his emotions like this.

Dex jumped up and hugged Zap, catching him as Zap's knee buckled sending him to the floor "I'm sorry...I'm sorry" he kept mumbling sobbing into the Australian's shoulder while gripping onto him tightly, soon enough Jenny and Tung joined the hug whispering nice things to the pilot hoping to calm to him down which eventually it did.

"So about not feeling well what do you mean?" Tung asked looking at Zap confused he looked perfectly fine to Tung "well this morning I woke up with a killer headache and by the time we were done feeding that bug I had a cold and now I'm coughing everywhere and feel like I'm going to throw up" Zap explained holding his stomach tightly Jenny who noticed quickly grabbed the nearest bucket and gave it to Zap seconds before he threw up it in making the team scrunch their faces in disgust at the sound but when Jenny took the bucket back it was empty "you didn't throw anything up" Jenny exclaimed feeling Zap's flushed face with the back of her hand "I've been doing that for almost half an hour" Zap explained leaning into the touch "hmmm your hands are cold" Zap mumbled closing his eyes "Zap wake up" Dex shook zap lightly startling the poor boy "huh what?" Zap looked around confused but alert "you need to eat something" Dex explained noting that zap held his stomach tightly zap opened his mouth only to shut it "please Zap if you keep dry heaving your going to damage your throat badly" Dex explained picking Zap up bridal style and carried him to the kitchen making sure to keep a conversation going so Zap would stay awake.

When they arrived in the kitchen Dex sat Zap in his chair while Jenny and Tung checked the fridge and cupboards "I found soup" Tung showed Dex the packet "are you okay with chicken soup Zap?" He asked zap who was about to fall asleep again but made a face at the sound of the soup "Zap hates soup" Jenny piped up handing Dex a sandwich that was cut into baby triangles "but he loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" she explained smiling at her boss "thanks Jenny" he said before sitting the plate in front of Zap "c'mon Zap please eat" Dex pleaded sliding the plate closer, Zap took one look at Dex's pleading face before sighing and picking up a sandwich and started to eat.

When Zap was done he passed out on the table causing the team to laugh quietly Dex shook his head before picking him up again "I'm gonna take him to bed, you guys can relax for the rest of the day" Dex smiled at his mechanic and tracker before walking away towards Zap's room. Dex laid Zap on the bed and went to leave but a soft hand gently grabbed his wrist "please stay" a soft, quiet voice begged making Dex smile "very well" he said before climbing into bed with Zap and cuddling the smaller boy closer and after a few hummed songs they both drifted off to sleep.