The tsunami-Buddie

Buck gasped as he broke through the surface 'a fucking tsunami' he thinks as he looks around then panic settles inside of him when he remembers there's meant to be a figure in his arms "Christopher!" He cries out while he whips his head left and right but all he can see is water.

His sides and bad leg hurt from having to keep himself up "Christopher!" Buck screams until his throat is sore "Bucky!" Buck whips his head to the left "Chris!" He calls again "Bucky!" He laughs with relief as he sees the young boy clutching onto a large wooden pole.

Buck swims towards Christopher and they hug each other tightly, Buck fells Christopher cry into his shoulder "hey, hey, I'm not going anywhere" Buck promises keeping them both afloat until he spots a fire truck and begins to swim towards it, Christopher holds on tighter "it's okay buddie, I'm just swimming to the truck so we can rest".

Eddie is a mess of guilt and panic as they pull up on the scene, he tries not to think of the worst but he can't help himself the guilt is slowly eating him up "hey, I bet they're fine" Hen says patting him on the shoulder "yeah" Eddie just nods his head "c'mon guys let's get to work!" Bobby shouts and soon they're going to their stations.

Bobby, Eddie and Chimney have been searching the water for hours, Eddie's leg is bouncing quicker and quicker with anxiety "Eddie we'll find them" Chimney tries to calm him down but it doesn't work and Eddie can't hold his emotions back anymore "but what if we don't!" Or-or what if we do and they're dead!" Eddie yells tears pooling into his eyes "it's my fault they're here" Eddie's voice cracks breaking the other two men's hearts.

"How is this your fault?" Bobby asks comforting the crumbling man, Eddie is quiet for a minute "I made Buck get out of bed and take Christopher to the peer" Eddie slumps against Bobby as the bottled up emotions are released from his body making him exhausted "there's no way you could've known the tsunami was gonna hit" Chimney reasons forcing Eddie to look into his eyes "I know but-" Eddie is interrupted by Bobby gently grabbing his face and forcing them to lock eyes "no buts, none of this is your fault and I bet Buck and Christopher will agree when we find them" Eddie nods his head and they continue their search.

"Bucky!" Buck stirs rolling over "Bucky you gotta wake up!" 'Why?' He thinks to himself or at least that's what he thought "because you promised you'd stay with me!" The young voice cries out 'I promised?' And it suddenly comes crashing back "Chris!" Buck yells as he wakes up finding himself on the fire truck "I'm right here" Christopher gently grabs Buck's face and locks their eyes "I'm right here" Christopher repeats.

Buck pulls Christopher into a hug, they continue to sit there for an hour or two, Christopher is sitting in Buck's lap, resting his head on Buck's shoulder and Buck has one arm wrapped protectively around Christopher's back and his other hand running through Christopher's hair "hey bud?" Buck whispers not wanting to disturb the silence but also not wanting to drown in it "yeah Bucky?" Christopher whispers back lifting himself so that they are face to face.

"How about we play a game so we don't die of boredom" Buck chuckles trying to lighten the mood and it seems to work since Christopher giggles "let's play I spy" Christopher demands happily causing Buck to laugh "ok, you first" Buck nods before beginning "I spy with my little eye something that is brown" Buck flips Christopher over so that the boys back is pressed against his chest, both his arms are wrapped around Christopher's stomach so he doesn't fall off.

"Is it the building?" Christopher asks pointing to the building next to them "nope" Buck replies smiling cheekily, Christopher pouts then continues his search 'Eddie is never gonna let me be near his kid again' Buck thinks to himself 'he's gonna hate me' 'I've ruined everything' 'I-' Buck's thoughts were interrupted "the fence!" Christopher yells cheerfully before frowning as he notices tears falling down his Bucky's cheeks "don't cry Bucky" Christopher wipes the tears away. Buck laughs "I'm not crying, you spat in my face when you cheered" Buck wipes the remaining tears and pretends to be grossed out making Christopher burst out laughing "by the way, it wasn't the fence" Buck chuckles at Christopher's awww.

"Eddie slow down!" Hen calls out to the man who is pushing past strangers and checking every tent he speeds past 'they have to be here' Eddie pleads in his thoughts "Eddie!" Someone grabs his shoulder causing him to whip around so fast he almost knocks Hen out "sorry" Eddie mutters tears gathering in his eyes once again "hey it's okay, just slow down" Hen speaks softly "I-I can't find them" Eddie's voice cracks as the flood gates open and he's chocking back sobs and his knees buckle luckily Hen catches him "It's okay, we'll find them, I know we will. Buck wouldn't let a fly land on Christopher" Hen smiles as Eddie chuckles remembering the day she's talking about.

They were at the firehouse Buck and Christopher were trying to take a nap on the couch but this fly wouldn't leave Christopher alone so Buck was waving his hand around like a crazy man making sure it didn't land on Christopher until eventually he smacked it with the book he was reading "good riddance" everyone heard Christopher mumble "now you can stop moving and we can go to sleep" everyone laughed at Buck's embarrassed face before Eddie's favourite boys passed out holding one another.

"We've searched here, here and here" the scene captain shouts pointing to places on the map "y'all will be given your next location in an hour get some food or sleep!" Everyone is about to disperse but stop as they hear someone yell "sir, you need to give us the boy!" A doctor is heard shouting back "no! I promised Chris I'd never leave him!" Eddie knows that voice, he knows who Chris is so be bolts towards the front of the crowd the rest of the 118 not far behind him.

"We need to check him over!" The doctor tries to reach for Christopher but Buck tightens his grip and steps back "don't touch him" Buck growls glaring at the doctor, "Buck!" Buck's whole posture perks up at the familiar voice "Eddie?!" Buck yells back searching the faces around him "Buck! Christopher!" Eddie suddenly emerges from the crowd making eye contact with Buck before they both run towards each other as they connect Buck collapses into Eddie's arms as they hug for dear life with Christopher between them.

All of them are crying tears of relief and joy that they are finally reconnected "I'm so sorry" Buck chokes out between sobs "what are you sorry for, Baby?" Eddie asks confused he should be the one apologising "I brought him here and then I lost him, Eddie, I lost him" Buck is struggling to breathe, Eddie pets Buck's hair "it's not your fault, you can't control things like this and look down you found him, he's right here baby" Eddie soothes Buck with Christopher's help "I'm right here, Bucky" Christopher grabs Buck's face like before "I can't lose you guys" Buck sobs hugging them tighter "and we can't lose you" Eddie says into Buck's ear.

After Hen and Chimney check the two over they are free to head home "you're staying here for the night" Eddie says leading Buck inside by his sleeve since Buck is still holding onto Christopher, Buck opens his mouth to protest but closes it at the look Eddie gives him "fine" Buck smiles sleepily then follows Eddie to his room "what about Chris?"! Buck asks gesturing to the child in his arms "he can sleep with us" Eddie smiles and all the here all laying in Eddie's bed with Buck hugging Christopher and Eddie hugging his two boys "goodnight my babies" Eddie whispers kissing their foreheads before going to sleep himself.