The mischievious fox (pt. 5) -Sterek

Stiles wakes up to the sound of people whisper arguing in the kitchen 'Derek really needs to teach this people how to be silent' Stiles thinks grumpily because he was woken up early, he twists his fox ears so he can hear them better, he recognises the voices to be Lydia, Kira, Theo and Danny, and he also hears two extra heartbeats probably Liam and Malia since they never stay away from their mates for long.

Stiles growls low enough to not wake Derek and the other pups that have snuggled up to them but loud enough for the ones in the kitchen to hear and it seems to work since they stop arguing. He hears one of them peak into the living room before heading back to the others to tell them that no one was awake but they should be more quiet.

'Derek also needs to teach them how to read heartbeats better' Stiles silently chuckles to himself, he lays in bed for almost half an hour before the whispering argument starts again and he groans before getting up and walks into the kitchen to glare at Theo and Danny who jump when they spot him in the doorway.

'You guys really need to learn how to whisper' Stiles scolds them telepathically, they all look at him shocked "are we able to do that?" Malia asks and Liam looks like he's trying to talk back making Stiles chuckle to himself 'after some training and bonding I should be able to open a two way connection so you can speak back' they all look at each other and smile excitedly.

'Now what are you pups doing?' Suddenly their smiles of excitement turn into smiles of embarrassment "we were trying to make breakfast" Danny responds looking at floor "they couldn't decide what to make though" Kira smiles towards Stiles, Stiles himself sighs while smiling 'how about waffles?' The pups plus one kit start quietly cheering while Stiles shakes his head 'you guys are gonna be the death of me'.

Derek and the rest of the pack wake up just as Stiles finishes the waffles and now everyone is in the kitchen having breakfast with Stiles and Derek at the heads and everyone else between them. 'Hey sourwolf' Stiles smiles at Derek's little shocked face 'good morning kit' Stiles blushes and mentally flips Derek off when he notices his smirk 'I think we should train the pack probably today' Stiles gets straight to the point 'I was thinking the same thing since they have no idea how to whisper' Derek mentally chuckles.

'You were awake?' Stiles also chuckles 'why didn't you do anything?' Stiles asks confused since he is the Alpha 'I was sure you had it under control, plus they need to get use to you bossing them around' Derek explains smiling at Stiles from across the table causing to said fox to blush and also wonder how the hell none of the pack saw their interaction.

After breakfast the pack got dressed into their training clothes and made a circle in the preserve "today we are going to train you on your abilities to hear people's heartbeat and breathing" Derek announces from the middle of circle with Stiles who takes over once Derek finishes talking "we're going to play a game of hide and seek. It's going to be Derek and I hiding and all of you Wereshifters seeking" Stiles notices how almost everyone gets excited, murmuring about how easy it's gonna be "also the first one to find us gets to relax and do their own thing for the rest of day, this game while go on for four hours, for those who don't find us before that time will be training extra hard today" Derek reveals causing most of the confident pups to be more excited.

"Let's do this!" Jackson shouts almost jumping from excitement "okay then everyone, face the house, close your eyes and count to thirty and Lydia, Danny and Mason will make sure none of you cheat" Stiles yells and once everyone's backs are turned Derek and Stiles take off. Stiles shifts into his fox form so his scent will change then runs through a stream to get rid of paw prints and giving Derek a hint about where he's going. When Stiles gets about half way to his destination he hears a whistle meaning the countdown is over, he can also hear the others clear as day 'are they even trying?' Stiles asks Derek knowing he is nearby 'probably not' Derek grumbles.