8. Meeting the Theakis

We are now driving to Caleb's parents. I am really nervous. Who wouldn't? When you know that the whole family will bombard you with questions.

"Caleb, I'm nervous. What if they don't like me and think that I married you for money." I said nervously to him. My heart is pounding so hard.

"Don't worry too much about it. My parents will love you, Agape mou." Caleb said to me while driving.

I did not say anything after that. I keep thinking that everything will be alright. I am hoping that it will for our sake.

***************

The stopped in front of a massive house. A mansion to be exact. Caleb hop out the car and came over to my side to open the door. He helped me to get out from the car.

"Ahhh.. Caleb my son. How are you doing?" The older lady greeted Caleb then looked at me and continued, "And this must be your wife." With the 'wife' being emphasized.

"Mother..." Caleb voiced with a warning tone.

*sigh* "Alright, I promise to be good." Then Caleb's mother looked at me and extended her arm. "My name is Adara, Caleb's mother." She introduce herself with a smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you Adara, my name is Rhea." I took her hand into mine.

"Call me mother from now on."

"Thank you."

After the introduction, an older man came out.

"Ha! Adara, you can't just wait to be introduce with the rest of the family." The older man announce when he stopped at the entrance. He then look at me and smile.

"You young lady is a beautiful piece of artwork. I am Caleb's father, Calisto." He extended his hand to take mine. I was about to introduce myself when he grabbed my hand and hug me.

"Father! Be careful. She is pregnant." Caleb said to his father and then took me off his father.

"Ha! Getting jealous of your old man." His father teased him.

Caleb just glared at him. "We should get inside. Everybody is probably wondering where we are by now."

We started walking up the stairs of the entrance door. Caleb's hand touching my back and making sure that I won't trip and fall off the stairs.

"Thank you." I whisper to him. Caleb smiled at me.

"Come on love birds, hurry up." Calisto said.

*****************

When we got outside the garden. Everybody introduce themselves at me, I don't know if I would remember all of their names.

The party is actually very nice. Everybody are nice to me asking questions like how me and Caleb met and how did we end up married and other stuff about me. Caleb and I decided to tell the family the real story behind us. They understood and never judge me.

******************

"Can I speak with you in private?" Adara asked me.

"Umm, sure."

Adara and I walk inside the house through to the living room.

"I want you to know that my son was in a relationship when he married you." Adara started.

"Her name is Camille and she and her family are actually a close friend of our family. I would have like them to marry. But you came along. People will talk because of this. I am not blaming you of this situation because I know that my son have part in this too. I just want to know if you are worth it of all the things that will come from your marriage to my son." Adara finished and looked at me expecting something.

"Adara, I don't know what you expect from me. When Caleb and I met in Vegas, we never thought that we will be married and me ending up pregnant. I don't even know your son's full name at first. When I found out that I was pregnant, I was worried because I don't know if I can give my child all the good stuff. I know for certain that I will love my child without a doubt. Then, Caleb and Nik suddenly appear at my apartment door." I smiled when I remember that day. Omg! I fainted that day.

"Caleb claiming me his wife. The same day that he found out about our baby. He insisted that we stay together when I asked him if we can divorce he got angry at me and told me all thing that will happen when we divorce and all of those things I don't want for my child. And he gave me time to think about all of this. He said that we can do things day by day and not to plan or worry about the future. That we should go with the flow of things." I look at Adara. "At the moment I am just doing what we agreed to do. Go with the flow. I don't know where we will end up at the moment. I am still trying to know your son. I can't answer your question if I am worth of all the things to come. But I sure do hope so for the sake of the family I will have with Caleb."

Adara did not say anything after that. She just looked at me and smile.

"Mother, have you seen where my wife is?" Caleb asked before he appeared at the door. Caleb looked at me and her mother. "What is going on here, mother?" He asked.

"We are just having a conversation." Adara answered and looked at me and said, " You should go with your husband. I will be out in a minute."

I walked to Caleb. Caleb then kissed the top of my head and rubbed my stomach. You can actually see a bit of my pregnant belly. I looked at Caleb and smiled. Then we walked out the kitchen to the garden.

**********************

"What do you think mother?" Adara asked behind her.

"She will do. She is perfect for my grandson." Alena said with a smile on her face.

"Ohh.. She will definitely make my son work for her love. I like her already." Adara said to Alena.