3. Finding Her

Caleb's POV:

I have made mistakes before but this now is on top my list. What was I thinking! Getting married at such a young age, not really I am 26 now but still. And not just that but I got married to a lady whom I don't know anything about. Who is she? and where the hell is she?! She just disappear, no trace, no message, nothing!

I heard a knock on my door. "Open". My cousin Nikolas, Nik for short, came in and closed the door.

"I heard that you have been hiding in your office the whole day and muttering to yourself. Should I call a psychiatrist to have a look at you?" Nik said with a smirk on his face.

"You have been like this since you came back from Vegas a month ago, what's up?" He continued with this look on his face saying 'don't even dare lie to me, I will find out'.

I sigh, "I got married while I was in Vegas."

"You did what?! Who is she? Did she trap you to marry her?"... then he looked at me with a sad expression and said, "You did not even invited me?! I thought we are friends."

"Are you serious?! How can I invite you if I don't even know that I am getting married. I don't even remember the whole thing. All I can remember is that, I met this girl in one of the clubs in Vegas near my hotel. We drank, talk and flirted. Then we walked outside for some fresh air. Found this place that have different chapels and personators, got curious, got married. Then we end up in my hotel room." I looked at him and he gave me this 'continue on' look. I sigh and continued, " The next day when I woke up, she was gone. All that I have is a certificate of marriage from Elvis." I let him see the certificate that I held on to since that time.

Nik started laughing, "OMG! A lady left you?!" He started laughing hard that he need to sit on the chair holding his stomach. "And Elvis married you?! Your mother will have a shocker when she found out about this." Nik said after his fit of laughter.

"So, how are you gonna deal with this?" He said. I look at him blankly. "Remember, your parents are expecting you to propose to Camille tonight at the family gathering."

"What?! Where do you get this gossip?"

"Your mother told my mother before you went to Vegas. She is saying that you will propose on Saturday's family gathering. After all, you two have been together for more than a year now, longer that your other girlfriends. All our cousins and uncle and aunties are excited for you. I think I heard them talking about wedding details the other day. That's why Pappou and Yiayia are coming from Greece."

I just looked at my cousin with a shock face and said "No hell way! I am not proposing and marrying Camille. She is a good companion in bed and outside but not a wife material at all. She can be a brat if she wants to." Mother what have you done?, talking to myself. I look at Nik, "We need to find her."

"Who? Your wife?" Nik ask me and I nod at him. "And where can we find your wife? You don't know her at all. Which mean you don't know where she lives." Nik looked at me. "Besides you only have 1 week to go looking. Its gonna be like looking for a needle at a haystack."

"I have her full name." Nik looked at me like I suddenly sprouted another head.

"You said you don't know her."

"I don't, but it does not mean that I don't know her name. She wrote her full name for the marriage certificate."

"Well, that's better. Should I contact our friend Sergei?" Nik said.

"Yes. I think it's about time to find and meet my wife." I said to Nik with a smile on my face. I have missed you wife for the month. At last the time has come for us to meet again.