10. The Unexpected

Emergency

"What happened to her?" Asked one of the nurse when the paramedics wheeled Rhea in ED room.

"She was pushed with enough force for her to lost her balance and fell on the floor that caused her to bleed out. She is pregnant or should I say was, with the look of things she probably lost the baby already." Answered by one of the paramedic that came to the house with a sad expression and voice.

*sigh* "We should hope not." Said the nurse.

I can hear them talk and feel things while they examine me but I cannot talk or asked questions. Is it true that my baby is gone? I asked myself while drifting off to darkness.

****************
Caleb's  POV:

"Good morning sir, how can I help you?" asked the receptionist in the hospital.

"I am looking for my wife. Her name is Rhea Theakis, she was brought in by the ambulance." I answered the receptionist with full of worry in my voice.

"Just one moment sir. I will see what room she is staying." She answered.

After 5 minutes, which feels like a lifetime. The receptionist told me that Rhea was in room 625 which is a single room. I say my thanks then half walk half run through the corridor. You see running is prohibited in the hospital corridors unless there is an emergency or evecuation going.

After 15 minutes of walking/running and the ride to the elevator which stops in every freaking floor I reached Rhea's toom. I walked in and saw Rhea's pale and still body in the bed. She also have a drip infusing on her left arm.

I walked in, grabbed a chair and placed it next to the bed. I sat on the chair and hold her hand in mine. Please be alright. I silently prayed.

***************

I opened my eyes and look around the room. Where am I? Then it hit me that I fell on the floor and I got taken to the hospital. My baby.. I lost my baby... When I realize it, my tears started pouring and I just want to crawl back to that empty place.

****************

I opened my eyes when I heard this crying next to me.

"Rhea, baby.. what's wrong?" I asked her, worried etch into my face.

"I--I lost ou--our ba-b-by." She said while sobbing.

I was at lost of words that I just hugged her while she was crying.

A few minutes later the door open revealing a doctor and a nurse.

"Good afternoon. Mr. and Mrs. Theakis. My name is Dr. Lisa and I am an OB-Gyn and the nurse next to me is Jess." Dr. Lisa introduced. "How are you doing, Mrs. Theakis?"

"I feel horrible." Then Rhea started crying again.

"Why Mrs. Theakis, are you in pain? are you feeling fizzy?" Dr. Lisa asked and now worried.

"We just lost a baby. How do you want her to feel?" I asked her with anger in my voice.

"Lost the baby?!" asked both Dr. Lisa and nurse Jess.

"How? When? Why I did not heard about this?" asked Dr. Lisa.

"What do you mean that you did not know that my wife lost our baby?" I asked her with anger and confusion in my voice. How can a baby specialist did not know that her patient lost her baby.

"Who told you both that Mrs. Theakis lost the baby?" Dr. Lisa asked both me and Rhea.

"Rhea told me." Caleb said.

"I heard it when I was wheeled in ED that I might have lost the baby already." Rhea answered when 3 pairs of eye are looking at her.

"Ahmmm... Mr and Mrs Theakis, you did not lose the babies." Dr. Lisa told us.

"Babies?" Both Caleb and Rhea asked Dr. Lisa with suprise.

"Yes. We did a scan to make sure that the baby was not harm and what a surprise! We found not just one but two." She said with a proud smile plaster on her face.

Omg! I don't know how will I cope with one baby but there are now two babies coming.. I might need to look for a house for my ever expanding family. I really hope there was only two in there and that there is no baby still hiding behind the two babies.. OMG!!!