19. I needed this....

After I stepped out of the door I heard this alarming sound from one of the machine. I turned around and saw Dr. Lisa frantically giving orders...

I am trying to get back in the room when one of the security gaurd and a nurse came and dragged me away from the door. "Mr Theakis, you need to calm down and stopped pounding on the door. You are distracting Dr. Lisa and the team in treating your wife." The nurse told me. I was just about to respond to her when the doors opened. When I saw Dr, Lisa, I came to her. She gave me one look and said, " I will get someone to give you an update Mr Theakis. My main priority at the moment is Rhea.", then she and the team went running down the corridor to the operating theater. I stood there for a moment because I have never seen someone so white in my life, yet Rhea is as white as a sheet like all her blood has been drain out of her. I was just about to walk towards the same direction when a team of doctors and few nurses came flying out of my right side of the corridor and I heard, "....delivered... twins.. lost blood... theater 7... emergency... code red.." all at once from the nurses like they are debriefing on a hurry.

"Mr Theakis... Mr Theakis.." I heard the voice but I am incoherent to repond until I felt a touch on my shoulder. I look at the nurse smiling at me. My rage went up high, why is this f*cking nurse smiling while my wife is almost dying, I was about to tell her off when she pushed something towards me. It was a baby bed with 2 little babies in it, my babies. "Mr Theakis, would you like to come and stay with your children while waiting for your wife's surgery?" she asked me. I started at her and looked down the baby bed. "I can bring you and the babies to the room allocated to your wife, and your family is waiting there as well. It would be better to surround yourself with family and friends for you will be needing the support. And this babies will distract you from running your mind off thinking what could go wrong." the nurse told me.

She started wheeling the baby bed to the opposite side of the corridor where Rhea is. I followed next to her so I could see my babies. After a few turns and corridors we made it to the room. After she opened the door, my mother came flying to me and hugged me. "Ohh, my child. Rhea is a fighter, she will make it through this." Mother said to me. The room is almost the same room as when Rhea had an accident, just this one is bigger and accomodated 2 baby beds. My eyes followed the baby bed, after the nurse parked the bed she left the room. I walk towards the baby bed and look in it. A set of green eyes and blue eyes started back at me. And I started crying again. I felt my family surrounded me and gave me a hug. I needed this....