9. The Accident

After the family gathering at Caleb's parents. The transition of my moving here to NY have been really good. Caleb's been really attentive to me and his parents do come frequently for a visit and to see how we are going along.

"Caleb, are you doing something on Friday morning?" I asked Caleb.

"I have meeting on Friday morning till late afternoon. Why?"

"I have an appointment on Friday morning to see my OB-Gyn for the scan and to see if me and the baby are healthy. I was going to ask if you want to come with me. It's a no then if you have meetings to deal with." I told him in a soft voice. You see I am on my 6 month of my pregnancy and in this appointment I can find out the gender of our baby.

*sigh* "Rhea, you could have just told me that you want me to come with you to your appointment." He told me while walking towards me. He then knelt in front of me and hold both of my hands. "Let me see what I can do. What time is your appointment?"

"It is at 10am." I answered with a smile.

"I will talk to my secretary and tell you when I get home."

"Thank you."

********************
In the office...

"Mari, can you look at my appointments on Friday and see if we can rearrange it and free the 10am meeting." I told my secretary.

Mari is an older lady and she's been my secretary for 6 years now. Very efficient and can do miracles for me when I need her to. Like now, I don't know what she will do but hopefully she can rearrange it.

After 2 hours my phone beep. "Sir, I have rearrange your schedule and the 10am meeting have been move to 1230pm."

"Thank you Mari. You are definitely a miracle worker." I complemented her.

"Ha! This is what you pay me to do. Anyway, why the change?" She ask.

My employees don't ask question when I do change my mind but Mari is like a mother to me now. She knows that she can get away with it.

"My wife and I have an appointment to see her OB-Gyn this Friday at 10am. She wants me to come with her." I answered. The phone suddenly went busy and my door burst open revealing Mari.

"So, it is true what the tabloid have written, you were trap by a pregnant lady."

"I am not trap in this marriage. We got married before she became pregnant." I yelled at her.

"Do not yell at me you brute. I am just telling you what I read from the papers." She scold at me like a mother.

"I am sorry Mari. I did not mean to. I am just very protective of her specially in her condition." I explained to her.

"I understand. Though, I have never seen you this way before. You did not even asked for a paternity test once the baby is born."

"I don't know. I just believe her."

After that everything went to normal. And when I mean normal. I mean busy meetings and dealings normal. *sigh* I want to go home to my wife.

*********************

In the penthouse:

I heard the door open and Agatha arguing with someone on the door. I walked to wards the door.

"Agatha, what's going on? Whose in the other side of the door?" I asked Agatha.

Agatha looked at me and the door suddenly open wide and a lady with very expensive clotes and bag came in and looked at me specially my stomach. I wrap my arms around my belly feeling very protective of my baby.

"Well.. well.. well.. It looks like the rumor is true that a pregnant lady has trapped the mighty Caleb Theakis with her unborn child." The lady spoke with disgust in her voice.

"Who might you be?" I asked her. I have never seen her before today yet there is so much hatred in her eyes.

"Camille. Caleb's fiance." the lady said.

"I never heard that Caleb was engage to anyone. So, I would say ex-girlfriend." I told her.

Camille's face became really red with anger and did the unexpected, she push me with both her hands and with much strength that I become unbalanced and fell on the floor. I was in shock on what she did that I just looked at her for a minute. Then I felt a sharp pain in my belly, like someone is stabbing me with a knife, and felt the wetness in between my legs. I look down and found that I am bleeding.

"Serves the likes of you right." She told me while looking down at me with a triumph voice and walk out the door like she won a battle.

I don't know what to do, I feel like I am gonna faint. I can see black spots forming every where I look. Agatha came back to my side and hold my hand while talking on the phone. All I hear Agatha say was abulance and pregnant, then everything went blank.

******************

Agatha's POV:

When I saw Camille pushed Rhea with all her might. I ran inside the house and started dialling 000 (emergency number). While waiting for them to answer, I walked back on where Rhea was and I saw Camille leaving. Rhea is very pale.

"What is your emergency?" asked the girl from the other side of the phone.

"My boss' wife was pushed and landed on the floor. She looks really pale. She is pregnant. I need an ambulance... (Rhea passed out on the floor while I was holding her hand, I am really scared now.) and she is bleeding." I answered.

"Give me the address and I will dispatch the ambulance straight your way."

I gave the lady the penthouse address and I have informed the security that an ambulance is coming for Rhea, so that the security will let them in and escort them.

I then rang Caleb but he is not answering his mobile. I tried Caleb's office which Mari answered the phone.

"CEO's office, Mari speaking."

"Mari, Agatha here. Where is Caleb I need to talk to him."

"He is in a meeting with the board members (which means Caleb's cousins, father and some of his uncle) and they won't be finish for another hour or so. Why?"

"Rhea and I are in an ambulance. Rhea had an accident."

"Oh My! I will tell Caleb straight away. Can you tell me what hospital you are going to?"

I told Mari where we are heading. I am still holding Rhea's hand. She look really pale and she is still unconcious.

*************************

Board meeting:

"We have an answer from the owner of the Terrain Hotel and he is happy with the price we are offering. I just need an approval to proceed."  Andreas said to the board.

"What do everybody think?" I ask all of them.

There was a knock on the door and it suddenly open with Mari coming in. I looked at her. She knows that I hate it when the board meetings get interrupted. Mari walked towards me.

"Agatha called and her and Rhea are being taken to the hospital. Rhea's been on an accident." Mari whispered.

"What happened?" I asked her with my voice full of worry and loud that the people in the meeting heard me.

"I don't really know the details." Mari answered and she also told me.

I looked at veryone in the room. "I am sorry to cut this meeting short but I have to leave immidiately. Emergency." I told the board and I run out the room. I can hear them asking Mari a question, Mari can handle them.

  Please.. oh Please... Rhea be alright. I am coming...