Chapter Nine - Secrets

Ace's pov:
It's been four days since the.. attack? Faith has been resting in her room with home care these past days she's refused to eat, refused to see Scarlett, my mum and myself— which I kind of get me but my mum and Scarlett.. something's really off. I know I'm a jackass I own up to it but I truly care about this girl for some heart felt reason, whoever done this to her is going to shit their pants real.. real soon.
I look up from my legs watching my mum and Scarlett sitting in silence and sadness— I glance over at my dad walking in with a container of warm soup walking towards us. My mum stood from the couch walking over towards him as me and Scarlett stayed on the couch in silence.
"Hey.. how's everything going so far, dear?" Dad spoke calmly.
"I don't know. The nurse is up with Faith right now because she started screaming from a nightmare, she won't allow me, Scarlett or Ace into the room to speak with her and it worries me. She use to speak to us all the time and after she got hurt she won't even speak to us.. someone really messed her up." Mum took the soup bringing it too the kitchen and making a bowl for Faith.
"Or someone threatened her.." Dad whispers as he walks to the kitchen as well.
I stood up quickly as so did Scarlett as the nurse walked down the stairs— my mum quickly rushed towards the nurse with worry.
"How is she?" Mum asked.
"She's okay for now.. whatever nightmare she had really scared her, she wouldn't even allow me to touch her and her breathing was so off. Off as like she was terrified of me" The nurse spoke sadly as she sat on the chair near the couch.
"I'll make you a bowl of soup" Mum smiles happily as well as sad walking away.
"D-did Faith mention anything about wanting to see me..?" Scarlett was on the verge of tears as she spoke.
"No.. I'm sorry darling. She barely even wants me in there" The nurse sighs sadly.
I looked upwards watching Scarlett push herself off the couch and run upstairs slamming the door shut to her room. I look over at the nurse flinching at the slam.
"It's okay.. she just needs time. She enjoys faith's company so she's just hurt right now" I smile gently at the nurse as she smiles back.
I watch the nurse get up walking to the kitchen to eat the soup my mum had gave to her— I stared at my legs once again my mind filling with thoughts overwhelming me.

Hours on end pass of nobody speaking with sad vibes vibrating off of them which I could understand— it was usually more talkative and laughing when Faith was nearby. I watched as mum and dad walked up towards me.
"We are going to head to bed honey.. please head to bed soon. It's been a long day" Mum smiled kissing my cheek.
I smiled back at her watching them walk upstairs towards their room— I sighed running my hand through my short hair standing up and walking up towards my room. As I walked towards Faith's room I rested my ear gently against her door hoping to hear something but it was dead silent, I glance downwards sadly as I walked to my room.
I took my shirt off leaving my sweatpants on as I lay on the side of the bed placing both my hands under my head looking upwards at my ceiling soon falling asleep.
3 hours later, 1 a.m.
I had awaken quickly sitting up hearing Faith scream I swung the blankets off my body running to my door swinging it up running down the hallway towards her room as nobody else had awaken to her scream. I swung open her door quietly before shutting it I flicked her light on beginning to walk towards her as she hugged herself into her knees crying— I swallowed hard nervously walking towards her.
"Faith..." I spoke low.
I sat on the edge of her bed next to her watching her continue to cry, I gently place my hand on her back rubbing it.
"Don't touch me!" She lifted her head quickly swatting my hand away from her.
I stared at her for quite awhile, she had a bruise on her eye and still a slightly opened wound on her neck and cheek. I gently place my hand against her non wounded cheek rubbing my thumb back and forth slowly as she began calming down as we stared into each other's eyes.
"Faith.. you've been screaming most nights now. What is going on, please you have to tell me." I spoke calmly.
"I can't Ace. I just can't." Faith spoke low turning her head away from my hand.
"You have to Faith. I don't care if someone threatened you or someone you love, they will not get hurt. They are messing with the wrong family. You have to tell me now Faith!" I raised my voice slightly.
"H-He'll kill him..." I watched Faith whisper with fear breathing heavier.
"Kill who Faith.. please. Tell me, I will protect you, I will protect him I promise you" I lowered my head to look into her eyes as she looked down.
"M-my brother.." She spoke frightened.
"Who is trying to kill your brother Faith, I can track anybody." I spoke.
"Micheal... M-Micheal Garcia." She spoke as a tear rolled down her eye.
As she said the man's name mu eyes lit up with anger.. Micheal.. Micheal Garcia. Damon's little right hand man the man that takes and ruins families so Damon doesn't have to get his hands dirty. But why would he want anything to do with Faith... unless.
"F-Faith..." I swallowed hard.
"Yes?" She gently looked up at me with fear covering her eyes.
"W-What..." I paused closing my eyes then opening them back up.
"What's your full name.." I questioned.
"Why do you want to know?" She asked.
"Please.. just-just tell me Faith.." I beg her.
"Faith Amelia Jones.." She spoke.
My heart had stopped as soon as her last name was spoke out.. she was Liam's sister.. the girl I promised to Liam to find and protect if he was ever taken.. that bastard Damon has him. He is going to die..