Chapter Twenty-Three - He Finds Out

Faith's pov:
It's been 6 months since we went to the doctors and found out all that... news. Ever since finding out I have Leukemia I haven't been myself, Joyful, Cheery, Laughing... I'm just a bag of bones awaiting my precious baby. I hope once our little one is born I'll be happier or... or I guess I'll be dead but I can't see the future and that's what pains me the most. Liam, Link, Scarlett, Ace, Ace's mother and father, My mom and dad... none of them know I'm sick. They only know I'm pregnant and all the symptoms I'm starting to have, for example becoming weaker... I blame it on my pregnancy. I know I have to tell them one day but just not yet, not now... I still wanna be as normal as I still can be before they start treating me like a dying person, I mean I am but I don't want to be treated like one.
I'll find a way...

Today was Scarlett's 19th birthday, today she was moving out, today she was going to see the world through her own eyes. I was deeply excited for Scarlett but it also pained me with my inner thoughts overthinking that this could be the last time she'd ever see me? I try not to think like that but what am I suppose to think. Nothing.
"Alright before we do birthday adventure's Faith, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for being my best friend and always being there for me through everything, I love you" Scarlett said.
"I love you too Scarlett, you will do wonderful things in Los Angelos" I reply.
"Okay shall we hit the road?" Scarlett says excitedly.
"We shall! Let's head on out." I reply heading towards Scarlett's new car.
We climbed into the car as she pulled out of the driveway driving off— We mainly listened to music on the way there but when we were driving I felt a strange feeling in my body. I could feel myself weakening, my body was almost becoming paralyzed from how weak I was, my breathing was off course and my eyes would flutter.
From the sides of my vision I could notice Scarlett glancing over at me worriedly watching all these things happening to me.
"Faith... Are you okay? Do you need me to pull over!" Scarlett asks with worry.
"I-I'm fine hun... It's just pregnancy things. It'll go away soon." I reassure Scarlett even though deep down it was my body giving up on me.

After hours of shopping for Scarlett's necessaries we planned a dinner with Ace, Their mother and father and me for a goodbye towards Scarlett leaving home. We made our way there having deep conversations on the way.
"I'm so afraid to leave home Faith..." Scarlett said softly with sadness.
"Why? This is such a big opportunity for you. You want to own a big clothing line and this is you're ticket in! You should be so excited" I said excitedly for her.
"I know but what if something happens to you, Ace, my parents or the baby while I'm away. I get worried..." Scarlett replies.
"Hmm... Think of it this way Scarlett. Life is a circle things leave this earth for other things to come experience it." I say.
"But don't worry about that, we all still have a long time to explore in life!" I giggle with a lie.
"I hope so, I want us and our kids to grow old together and make so many memories" Scarlett said.
"And we will, Stop overthinking honey everything will be fine" I reassured her.

We pulled into a packed parking lot of the fancy restaurant I glanced around noticing Ace standing outside the restaurant awaiting my arrival. Scarlett parked the car climbing out once she took the keys out— Ace walked towards my door opening the door taking my hand and helping me out of the car carefully, he placed his hand on my stomach gently before kissing me.
"How are you feeling?" Ace asked concerned.
"I'm okay" I responded.
Ace smiled at me holding my hand following behind Scarlett into the restaurant, we sat down with his parents and began our nice dinner.

Being with all of them made me forget that I'm sick they made me laugh all night long, we had conversations of baby names and how beautiful our baby will be. I just pray all the time I will still be here for my baby's wedding one day.

I lay in bed with Ace in our room after Scarlett, his mom and father left we stayed out so long tonight that it was midnight. Ace was watching TV and messaging with Link and his other crew members figuring out things— Tonight I felt very different, I felt dizzy, nauseous, and had pain in my head.
"I'm going to go wash my face babe" I said to Ace.
He nodded at me with a smile I stood up walking towards the door before slamming my hand into the wall to hold myself up. I placed my other hand on my stomach hunching over groaning, I heard something drop and I figured it was Ace's laptop as he ran over to me.
"Baby! What's wrong are you okay?!" Ace began panicking not sure on what to do.
"I-I'm fine it's just... just the baby kicking... I need to-" I was cut off in my words from falling over passing out.

While I was passed out it felt like I was in a dream, my mind kept on replaying memories from when me and Liam were little. We we're at the lake on our aunt's boat tubing and swimming, doing all those summer fun things. Liam would be an ass when we were younger and always shove me off the tube on purpose so he could "win"... how much I miss those days when I never thought about anything negative, I always thought about how happy my future would be. Now all I just worry about if I'll be there for my baby...

I ended up waking up almost a day later I began blinking like crazy trying to right my vision, I glance around slowly noticing Ace and Liam sleeping on the little couch in the hospital room.
"Ace..." I spoke softly as I was very weak.
Ace began waking up frankly when he heard my voice, he began calming down noticing me awake. He stood up walking towards me taking my hand into his.
"What happened?" I ask.
"Love, you passed out on the floor and you're nose started bleeding so I rushed you too the hospital immediately. My parents and Scarlett will be here soon..." Ace says.
I nod softly, I was extremely pale and sickly looking. Liam began waking up noticing me awake.
"Oh my god sis... you gave me a heart attack when I saw you on the ground when Liam called me in." Liam said with worry.

I smile softly at Liam as he gives me a gentle hug— I glance over watching the doctor walk into the room. Liam and Ace bombarded the doctor with questions about me. Ace hit the doctor with one question that made everything in our lives change.
"What is wrong with my girlfriend!" Ace blurted out immediately.
"Well Mr. Monroe and Mr. Jones... I have some very sad news that I must share with you. Faith already know's this." The doctor said.
"Faith has Leukemia and seems to just be getting worse, she must stay here for awhile and go through treatment to get better. I'm so sorry..." The doctor spoke.
I listened to the doctor say that and glanced over at Liam and Ace, they were frozen and stared at the wall when the doctor left the room. I watched as Ace left the room in anger, he punched the wall on the way out.

I'm so sorry Ace...