Chapter Nineteen - My Girl

Ace's pov:
Tonight I had a dream, a dream that felt like reality, a dream that you wish you could never wake up from. I had a dream Faith arrived at my door, she came back to me and I knew she'd never leave again. The amount of love I have for this girl is infinite and nobody, I mean nobody could love her the way I love her.
That dream felt so real, I wanted it to stay forever but most things come to an end and reality returns.

I groaned out feeling pressure being pushed against my shoulder— I began nudging my shoulder forwards to hopefully stop the feeling. Until I was suddenly dragged by my shirt onto the ground.
"What the fuck!" I yelled out sitting up beginning to rub my eyes tiredly.
"It's fucking 12 p.m. Link. Go the hell away..." I groaned.
I began climbing back into bed before Link grabbed me by my shirt again dragging me back onto the floor.
"Link I swear to-" I spoke out strictly before Link interrupted me.
"Our flight to Las Vegas leaves at 1:30 Ace. Get the fuck up and pack." Link sighs out.
"Alright alright Mr. Grouchy" I chuckle out while standing up, stretching.
"Shut up Ace. Just get ready and meet me downstairs." Link sighs.
I watched Link leave the room slamming the door behind him, I rolled my eyes chuckling under my breath. I walked towards my suitcase throwing it onto my bed as I began packing up clothes.
After I finished I zipped up the suitcase beginning to head downstairs to meet Link, we both began walking outside towards the car before leaving towards the airport.

Faith's pov:
4 p.m.
Myself and Kai had finally arrived in Las Vegas at his uncle's mansion, I followed behind Kai through the door glancing over into the ball room watching maids and many other helpers putting everything together for tonight. My eyes searched around the ball room before catching one man's eyes as his caught mine— I watched as his facial expression became surprised until they flowed into a devilish smile at me.
I had a sickly gut feeling about this man, he looked at me like I was a piece of meat. I latched onto Kai's hand, he glances down at me smiling before kissing my forehead.
"Come on. I don't think my uncle is home right now so we can go put our stuff into the room" Kai says.
"Okay." I reply.
I followed behind Kai up the stairs towards the room but before we reached the top I turned my head back to look down the stairs and the man that looked at me like I was a piece of meat stood at the body of the stairs staring at me. My heart rate began racing like crazy as I pushed Kai to go faster up the stairs.
We entered the room and as we did I turned around quickly slamming the door shut and locking it.
"Are you okay? You seem frightened?" Kai says worriedly.
"T-there's a man down there. He just... stared at me, like not just stare but a stare like a psychopath that's about to kill you would look like." I say with fear in my tone.
"Baby it's alright. That's just one of my uncle's friends, he's a very strange man." Kai chuckles before bringing me into a hug.
"It's alright. He won't touch you, nobody here will." Kai reassured me.
I lean into his hug clenching onto his shirt feeling a sense of safety, I smiled before closing my eyes enjoying his embrace.

Ace's pov:
3 hours later, 7 p.m.
I sat with Link in our car outside Kai's uncle's mansion, I brushed my hand against my tux staring at the building watching tons of people entering.
"And how are we suppose to get this fucker. He's seen my face so there's no way he will come towards me." I say.
"He hasn't seen mine. I'll try and get him to do "business" with me in a private room and I'll knock him out and we will be done. Simple as that." Link shrugs with confidence.
"Alright than..." I chuckle.
I stepped out of the car with Link heading towards the front doors as we both grabbed a handle looking towards each other before opening them— As we opened the doors people swarmed everywhere and it was almost impossible to see anyone in front of another person.
"Wow... this might be easier than we thought" I whisper towards Link.
"Split up, keep it causal and find that fucker" I whisper again.
We both walked separate directions as I made my way into the ballroom, I watched as couples danced together, talked, kissed... it reminded me too much of Faith and it made my heart ache for her. I turned around before bumping into someone, I looked towards the man to apologize but I stared— this man was beyond creepy looking. He stared into my soul as he ran his tongue along his lips before bumping against my shoulder walking past me, I scoff under my breath with a slight chuckle before walking away.

Faith's pov:
I stood outside on the porch placing my hands on the railing looking up at the stars shining over me, I smiled calmly at them. Soon my attention was turned towards the doors opening behind me, it was the butler.
"Sorry to disturb you madam but Kai is making a toast." The butler said.
"Okay, thank you." I reply.
I made my way past the butler through the doors walking into the ballroom squeezing myself through the crowd before bumping into a stranger causing him to spill some of his drink.
"I'm so sorry sir!" I spoke backing up a few inches.
"It's ok-" The man had spoke before noticing me.
Once the man had glanced down at me he had stopped himself from speaking and it didn't hit me at why until I looked up. When I looked up at the man I stumbled back on my feet as I opened my mouth beginning to increase my breathing... the man that stood in front of me, was Link.
Before I could get a word in Link had smashed his hand against my mouth so I couldn't make a word, he put my hands behind my back leading me out of the ballroom and into a closet shutting the door then standing in front of it.
"Link what the hell are you doing! Why are you here? Let me out now!" I yelled at him.
"Lower you're voice now" Link sighs.
I watched Link text like crazy on his phone, who was he texting?
"Why are you here, Faith?" Link asks putting away his phone.
"I'm here with my boyfriend. He invited me to come with him." I say.
"Boyfriend...Wow." Link chuckles under his breath.
"What?" I ask.
"Just never figured you as the moving on fast type, you know. Ace never stops talking about you, thinking about you, looking at pictures of you and you're over here banging it up with some other man. Real fascinating" Link rolls his eyes sarcastically.
"He cheated on me Link. He broke me!" I cry out at him.
"Boo hoo. Ace chased you down, was shot, almost killed and as soon as he woke up he was frantic about you. Instead of healing he spent every waking moment figuring out how to find you, and when he found you he was so happy." Link says.
"That night at the hotel Ace texted me that he's never been happier than he was that day with finding you. Then... you left. And his whole world fell apart, he was in the wrong but you were in the wrong far worse. His mother was in the hospital and you left him when he needed you, you put a hole deeper in him than he's ever experienced." Link lashes out those words.
"I needed to leave, Link... I couldn't live with Ace hurting me like that. I saw him with that bitch, I swear he wanted her!" I say.
"You are so fucking stupid, like beyond stupid. I can't even explain how stupid you are." Link chuckles.
"Ace loves you, to death. Literally... he almost died multiple times protecting YOU. Everyday Ace regrets the decision he made with Victoria because he lost you from it, you need to get the fuck over it." Link says.
"Let me out Link!!" I yell out.
"No." Link replies.

Ace's pov:
I stood in the ballroom awaiting Kai's toast which was when we would take him down until my phone buzzed in my pocket. I reached for it pulling it out noticing a text from Link.
"Come to the closet down the hall from the ballroom, your last right. You won't be disappointed."
I raise one eyebrow in confusion stuffing my phone back in my pocket before leaving towards the closet Link told me to come too. I arrived in front of it reaching for the handle before I paused hearing arguing inside the closet.
"Damn. Whoever is arguing with Link is about to get a fist to the face" I whisper to myself.
I opened the door immediately before slamming it shut locking it behind me— I faced towards the door clenching my fists excited to knock this person out for being rude to my best friend.
I turned around with a grin on my face but it disappeared immediately when I noticed who it was, my fists folded back out as I stumbled back. I felt my heart racing like crazy and jumping out of my chest, I swallowed as hard as I could.
"F-Faith...." I stutter.