1

i shoved and pushed through people in the hallway, panting and sweating along with it. "hey sorry," i said shortly while gripping onto my bag and bumping shoulders with people. "shit!" i mumbled, looking down at my phone and back up at where i was going. i was late for the third time this week.

i hurried and ran as fast as i could to the gym where the sound of balls were slapped and shoes squeaked against the floor and whistles blew off.

i barged into the gym, everything and everyone stopped and looked at me.

"sorry i'm late" i bowed to the coach as he tapped his clipboard anxiously.

"third time (y/n)-kun"

"i really apologize" i dropped my school bag by the door and took a quick glance in the window, seeing how my hair fell messily and my uniform was a bit scruffed. suddenly the gym went back to normal and the boys were playing and warming up again. i walked over to the coach and apologized once more.

"you're lucky you know what you're doing" he flashed a little smile at me as i smiled back. he always was like an older parental figure to me.

i decided not to change into my tracksuit and just wear my uniform instead considering i was half an hour late. i walked over to the boys bench and grabbed their waters, and started to walk out and around the gym to fill them all up. my heart slowly called down as i grabbed a carton of bottles and started to fill them with water.

"yahoo (y/n)-chan" i heard the playboys voice from behind me.

"oikawa-san," i gave him a little nod as a greeting as i set one carton aside and started with the other.

"late again, why?" he asked as i handed him a bottle, knowing that's why he came out to pester me.

"i was helping someone, tutoring" i finished up with all the bottles and grabbed both of the cartons.

"here i'll take one" his slim fingers grabbed a tray as we started to walk back into the loud gym. "so smart of you (y/n)-chan" he teased, setting down the tray next to mine on the bench.

i opened my mouth to say something, but the coaches booming voice stopped me. "oikawa! how many times do i have to tell you! no flirting with girls during our practice!" he growled as oikawas face turned more red. "everyone take five, oikawa run five" he blew the whistle as majority of the boys came over to the bench.

i handed each of them a water as the sluggishly slumped down, exhausted from only forty five minutes.

"when are you going to start coming on time?" the familiar voice came from behind me.

i turned around and looked up at the tall boy, and handed him a water as he sat down. "i was busy iwa" i grabbed a towel and dabbed his forehead that had beads of sweat dripping from it.

"the coach still likes you surprisingly" he pushed my hand away that held the towel and smiled up at me.

"oh please," i slung the towel over my shoulder and continued talking to him. "you're lucky you're the ace or else i would've really knocked you out by now" i walked over to matsukawa-san and picked up his hands, inspecting his pinkie he hurt the other day in a practice match. "how's your finger?" i carefullt unwrapped the tape to inspect it.

"fine" i gently set down his hand and pushed iwa's legs over, grabbing the first aid that was underneath him.

i grabbed the tape and scissors and walked back over to the poor boy. "i'm going to tape them up again alright?" i crouched down and took his hand carefully and started to tape them just as i did before.