6

i woke up to the soft humming of iwaizumi still chatting. my senses came back to me and i felt my legs were wrapped against something, my arms were too and my head was draped looking at the back of his neck.

i realized my arms were around his shoulders and and my legs were around his torso. he must've turned me so he was more comfortable... but he could've just put me back on his bed. "tōru over here" he mumbled softly while his arms tensed underneath mine. i picked my head up slowly and turned it towards the screen, seeing the same game he was still playing, and also seen the time. four-fifty am. "one second.." he mumbled into the mic and took off his headphones. "hey" he looked down at me.

"hi" i scratched the top of my head. "have you been playing this game all night?"

"yes.." he said embarrassedly and his legs also tended underneath my bottom, and i tried my best not to move.

"i'm sorry i basically slept on you all night" i broke the ice of the position we were in.

"don't be" he looked behind me for a second at the screen then back at me. "i enjoyed it"

i began to let my head back down on his shoulder, feeling a small sense of warmth within me. though, sometimes iwaizumi did get really lonely at night. well, lonely or horny. i couldn't tell what he was feeling but he usually yearns to physically touch.

one time in our last junior high year i seen him amd a real a girl through his window, and (despite feeling a bit jealous) i texted him after and asked him what happened and he said all they did was held each other. sort of a loser if you're sneaking a girl in allays but, it's what he wanted.

i would also be lying if i were to say i didn't enjoy this either. it was odd being this close but comforting. i've never really had relationships with others, well nothing serious. i'd maybe go on a few dates here and there but none of them really itched the right spot.

either way, this was sort of perfect. the soft mumbling of his voice vibrated his throat a bit as my head lazily lay against his shoulder.

third person

sure (y/n) was comfortable, but iwaizumi was the most relaxed he's ever been. he always found himself worrying about (y/n), if she needed anything, how's she doing, where she is, if she's in trouble, everything. this was such a sense of relief to him that she was now right up against him, so he knew she was safe. especially with him. it gave him that sense of confidence that usually comes up every now and then.

he felt like he was in ecstasy. talking to his best friend for hours then he was also able to hold the girl of his dreams. he found it breathtaking. he loved every second of this. he felt peace within himself.

though, there was no way this was more than platonic. iwa had this horrible doubt within him, but he tried blocking it out for the moment.

as (y/n) fell back asleep on him, his mind wandered to kyōtani. why would he give her that?

even though (y/n) has know iwaizumi for ten times longer, why did he still feel jealous? was it the way she would hold his hand every time he got nervous? why couldn't she do that with him? or the way she laughs with him and is close with all of his family? but she was also really close with his as well.. why did he feel like this? his heart dropped a bit as he though, his head dropping as well onto her shoulder.

what about the dance coming up in a few weeks?

she would probably go with kyōtani, considering he would probably get very nervous in such a crowd. she's too nice not to... all the guys were basically lining up to ask her, even oikawa mentioned it on their bus ride home.