3

me and some of the girls got up early to prepare for the long day. we went to the kitchen and prepared a lot of food for all the boys early in the morning, so when they would wake up they'd be all set.

i wore a pair of shorts with my aoba johsai t-shirt with tōru's last name and number on the back. all the boys on the team loved giving me their clothes they grew out of, so that was really all i packed considering all i would really wear at practices was the tracksuit. but coach told me it was going to be too hot and to just wear school spirit wear and shorts.

we sat patiently waiting for the boys to herd in. i sat peacefully next to kiyoko and kaori, who was fukurōdani's manager.

the boys slowly entered, oikawa scratching his head tiredly and iwaizumi yawning away. "good morning (y/n)-chan" oikawa batted his eyelashes at me as i shook my head.

"good morning" i replied with a faint smile.

"i like your shirt" he smiled all giddy and walked preppy to the lime where the food started.

"morning iwa" i kicked his leg from underneath the table, causing him to blush a bit.

"morning (y/n)" he followed oikawa to the line as i rested my head in my palms.

many other teams came in, and i also greet tobio and he gave me a simple nod. "you know kageyama-kun?" kiyoko asked quietly as she ate some berries.

"i do" i replied. "for a little while but we really lost connection"

"he's a great player" yaichi added. "it's fun watching him and hinata" and just as she said that hinata walked in and told us all good morning. "you know him too?"

"we met yesterday" i nodded and she smiled a little. "do you know the schedule for today?" i asked kiyoko.

"hm," she hummed, pulling out her clipboard that was on her lap. "your team and fukurōdanis team are playing first, then you guys play nekoma, then lunch. after lunch you guys play us and then it doesn't say what's next"

"alright" i swung my legs impatiently while the boys all chowed.

~

i helped the boys warm up, tossing balls to oikawa as he set for his team. once they were done serving they all lined up, and thanked the other team.

"remember guys this is just for fun" the coach said relaxed as they all gathered around. but knowing them, they were going to go all out.

we let one of our non-staters from each team be a like judge while me and kaori were the score keepers. surprisingly coach didn't want me to keep stats, but i did anyways considering the boys always loved when i told them at the end of the day.

the coach blew their whistles as he was first serve. oikawa threw the ball up, and did that amazing first serve that blew the other team away.

he smiled a bit and gathered himself from the power serve he just hit. 'don't mind's were shouted from the other side of the court as oikawa retrieved the ball again, and i flipped the scoreboard so it now said 1-0.

oikawa ended up acing five serves, but eventually they caught on and scored a point. but the ball was quickly returned, iwaizumi now serving.

he served amazingly, of course for he was the ace. before he ran back on the court he gave me a small glance. i gave him a little thumbs up, making him hue a red, and run back to his position.

~

the game was coming to an end, them playing two sets, but aoba johsai ended up dominating the last game, or they will be. it was 10-20, and oikawa was up to serve. "could you do both sides? i'm going to go fill up water for them" i asked kaori, which she nodded and i walked out of the gym with a little cart of bottles.