Chapter 4

Light shined the dark night as the moon shone bright in the sky. The soft white clouds passed by as the Earth rotated on its axis. This part of the Earth had gone into nighttime already, the other half on day. White little dots accompained the bright white rock from above.

Most of the city was asleep in this time of day, already giving in the sleep as they slumbered to replenish their drained energy.

One adult was an exception though as they worked through piles of paper in the dark night.

The room was barely lit, the only source of light was the window on the wall that wasn't closed off and the lamp on the table. A figure was slumped on it, seated on their chair as they tapped the desk with a stick with a graphite core, staring with disinterested brown eyes.

A hand roamed their brown curly locks, red jacket now wrapped tightly around their body to prevent the elements of the outside world to touch their skin. Their head rose from the desk and glanced at the door behind him.

The light of the lamp emitted bounced through the stripped red and tiled black and white walls, granting light in the empty hallways of the pizzeria.

Bryan was sure that the others were already turned off to charge for the night. After cleaning the mess in the main room, he resigned himself into finishing the paperwork left on his office. And while he wanted to be surprised at the sheer number of stacks left by his past self, he was not.

He remembered not being motivated in finishing the task when he was younger. While it was an act of laziness, it was also an act of coping. He recalled the stress that came and judging by the date, he was sure that past him had plenty.

Well, plently enough at this time anyway.

Meaning, the Bryan of this world wasn't too far gone.

Thank god.

He still had the chance.

Yay.

But now he had to focus on said work. He needed to finish it now before anything else happens.

Anything bad that gets it burned to the ground.

A sigh of dismay escaped his throat as he looked back at the desk in front of him.

He couldn't help but feel bored though. The text on the page was so boring, simpler than his work back at the mall and park - even with the fact they were sorta the same - but boring.

Great.

Paperwork had come with the job when he decided to keep coming here, he knew that. But gosh he despised this part. Along with the other things that came with it.

One of the only things he thought was worth was his animatronics. His friends. Probably his only friends. His eyebrows narrowed as his half closed eyes glimmered in the artificial light of the moon and lamp. He'd protect them, no matter what. Even if he had to do tons of paperwork, past or for present, he would.

"Don't you think its a bit late to be signing papers in this time of day?"

But what he didn't suspect was one of them would still awake. More importantly visiting him in his office.

Bryan knew who that was. The voice was so achingly familiar, friend or foe, he knew that voice. He knew who that is.

If the sound of the voice wasn't so glitched and kinda hoarse and sorta kinda high he would have thought otherwise.

He dropped the pencil and stayed still, leaning on the back part of the chair. A long soft sigh broke the peaceful silence of the night.

"What are you doing here, Molten?" Bryan asked, keeping his voice neutral. Though he was unable to stop the tiredness bleeding into his voice as he spoke.