? - "My Fault"

"I'm sorry... i'm sorry... i'm sorry..." like a mantra, this repeated phrase spilled from the boys lips as he clung to the hospital gown his mother was wearing. And as she stared at him, she frowned. For, while she didn't quite understand what had happened, and she couldn't quite recognize his face, she knew that - out of everything she had forgotten - she needed to show him more care than he was being supplied.

"It's not your fault," she said. She didn't know what she was saying. She didn't know what had preceeded her numerous brain injuries. But, she just said this again, every time her son would break down by her. May it be after school hours, or weekends.

For multiple moons, all throughout the boys remaining middle school years when he would come to her care unit, she would repeat the same phrase, as he repeated his rushed apologies. "It wasn't your fault."

"It was... I wasn't strong enough- I didn't train like you wanted- I couldn't protect you like you wanted. You worked so hard for me to be better and I wasn't-"

"You did your best."

"I could've done better. I should've done better. I am better. I- can be the best, but I chose not to. I chose to be weak and I- I..."

Watching him break down like this, feeling so upset with himself for something she didn't truly believe he could've prevented upset her. She didn't know their past, nor did she know the context behind anything anymore, but she knew he was her son, and that she must love him, right? Of course she does, no matter how artificial it may be as she couldn't put a name to his face, she still feels it.

Its only natural thats how she should be feeling towards him. He's her son.

She's always loved him, right?