14 - "Family Dinner"

"You always like that?" I had asked, cocking an eyebrow at Katsuki as we had returned to his bedroom after his mom was finished bothering him. "Always like what?" he had responded, glancing at me with a confused expression. "Mean. Like to your mom. You always a bitch, even to her?" "Ah?" "Kinda dick-ish if you ask me." "That's where you cross the line? Thats where shit gets too much to handle? Cause i'm mean to my mom?" Katsuki was mocking me and I knew it, but I just rolled my eyes. "Listen, I may not be a saint, but I ain't no monster. I still treat my mother with basic respect." "Tch, whatever."

We had soon arrived to his bedroom, where we entered and Katsuki had closed the door behind us. I headed over and sat on his bed. "Who knew you could cook?" I asked, smirking at him. "You were pretty skillful when helping your mom, or being forced to, anyway." "It's not hard, idiot," Katsuki had rolled his eyes, leaning against the door after he closed it. "Hey, you should cook for me some time. You'd look cute in an apron. Maybe even only an apron?" "Don't be a dumbass or I will kick you out." he stared very intensely at me, cheeks red. I just chuckled.

"Thought you said you were sick?" he looked at me with a raised eyebrow before walking over to sit on the bed as well, scooting back so he was leaning against his headboard. "You seem fine now." "I felt sick. Really sick. But now I've just got a stuffed nose, probably fine now."

Katsuki rolled his eyes before taking out his phone. I had done the same. A single text from my mom, telling me she hoped I was having fun and wasn't overexerting myself. Tons of grammatical errors, even in such a small text. At least she could still be coherent through writing. Wasn't one of her specialties like cooking was, but it was at least something she could manage. I checked the time and it was starting to get a little late, around 6:30 PM.

"Hey, when do you sleep? Its getting a little late and I don't wanna overstay my visit." "You don't seem like the type to care about that kind of thing." he grumbled, peering at me from over his phone. I shrugged and just looked at him expectantly, awaiting his answer. "It doesn't matter when I sleep, stay for however long you want." "What? You some night owl? 12 AM? Oh, no, you probably go to sleep at 9 to a bed time story." I clicked my tongue, looking at my phone. He just grumbled incoherently.

I began to smell the food that Ms. Bakugou had been cooking earlier. It smelt surprisingly good. I had kind of high expectations after living with my moms cooking for so long, so it was nice to have something that could rival the smell of her random cooking sprees, like that meal she gave me when I came back from my second day of school.

"Hmmmm~" I hummed delightfully, smiling to myself. "Hey, Kat, can I stay for dinner?" "I already said to stay however long. I don't care." I smiled at him. "Thank youu."

Standing up, I stretched before looking at the bedroom door. "Daddy's gonna go get some food, or at least watch the process, come if you want or stick here~" I cooed before quickly and swiftly slipping out of his bedroom and down the stairs. Luckily I was quick enough to miss any of his attacks.

When I made it downstairs, I swung into the kitchen to take a peek at the food. Ms. Bakugou looked at me and smiled when she saw me. "Hey, (Y/n)," she greeted whilst lowering the heat of the stove top. "Gonna be joining us for dinner?" she asked, adding some pepper to the food she was cooking. I just nodded, mouth watering at the sight and smell of my food.

"Asshole! Don't just fucking leave after saying that! I'll kill you!" I could hear Katsuki hurrying down the stairs. I was surprised it took him this long to come down. "Ah, running away from my gremlin son? Understandable. Go sit down, hun, i'll have him set the table since foods' almost ready."

Nodding, I headed over to the dining table and found myself a spot. I saw Katsuki come into the kitchen and glare daggers in my direction. "Katsuki, set the table." Ms. Bakugou had said, her tone quite demanding. He looked at her incredulously. "Now. Your friend is hungry." I just nodded slowly, smirking crudely at him. He grumbled angrily and began to gather some plates and utensils, begrudgingly.

Setting a plate, a fork and a knife in front of me, I made a deal to thank him, winking at him before picking up my fork. He just scoffed and put three more plates down. After he had set the table, sitting at the spot adjacent to mine, his mother came over, scooping the food she had cooked onto the plates. I grinned widely, wanting to dig in immediately, but I chose to show some courtesy and wait. "Now I will go get your dad," she had swiftly said, clearly to Katsuki, as she set the pan back down and left the room.

"Your mom's a good cook, too, it seems. Runs in the genes?" I asked, shooting him a glance. "That ain't how genes work." "I don't know why but I feel like it is. Thats besides the point. I think a cooking boyfriend and his mom would be pretty nice, specially on like, Thanksgiving." Katsuki merely rolled his eyes, brows knitted. Though, I could definitely sense a faint blush. Very adorable.

After a little bit, Ms. Bakugou had returned to the table with his dad. "I don't believe you two have even met yet, which is surprising." she had said. "Well, (Y/n), this is Katsuki's dad, Masaru. Honey, this is (Y/n)." she introduced us and I nodded with a smile, he had done the same, and the two of them sat down and joined my and Kat at the table.

"It's nice to see Katsuki getting out there more," Mr. Bakugou had said. "Yeah, last time I remember him making friends was his little ride or die group that he's still with," Ms. Bakugou added. I just nodded, letting them say what they wanted. It was kinda sweet seeing how other parents acted. Something endearing about knowing that he had even the slightest relationship with his parents where they cared about him at all, even though that was sort of a bare minimum.

Checking the time again on your phone, you frowned. It was really starting to get late, at least from how long it would take you to return to your own home. I guess Katsuki's parents could see my concern cause his mom spoke up. "Hey, hun, what do you say about spending the night? Would your mom be okay with that?" Katsuki quickly shot up as he had been preoccupied with his meal. "Ah? The fuck? I didn't say he could stay over." "Oh shut up and watch your language. If your friend wants to stay over, he can." "Oh, I would adore spending the night~" you said happily, giving Katsuki a teasing grin. "I'll ask my mom, i'm sure she'll be fine with it."

And sure enough, when you had gotten your reply, it was your mother aggreeing to you spending the night. Giving Katsuki's parents a thumbs up, he just grumbled rather noticeably in annoyance.