PROLOGUE: REUNION

Finally, she was out of that place. One more minute with those defeaning sounds and blinding lights and she'd have a seizure. She never really loved parties. Even if there was good food or company, it was just too much for her. She exited their table, saying she'd just go to the comfort room, and squeezed her way past the dancefloor to the fire exit. She was really glad to breathe some fresh air. She looked around the hallway for signs of life. No one. Good. Then she leaned down the stairway railings and saw a stretch of steps downward. She thought of escaping from the party from there, but no. It wouldn't be a good idea. She sighed, sounding defeated. She didn't even want to be here in the first place. But this would be better than being at the office. Or maybe not. She would've gone home if not for her boss telling her co-worker to drive her here. Its like ensuring that she would get here whatever happens. She remembered earlier at work, asking her boss if she could go out early because she'd be attending their class reunion. Her boss looked more excited about it than her. Maybe she should've sent her boss to the party in her place. She sighed again and looked above to see that there are only two more floors to get to the rooftop. She looked at the exit door and heared the music thumping on it. She would have to wait for a few more hours to be able to get out of here. She mustered up the energy to stand up and walk upstairs to the rooftop, thinking she could kill some time there.