SIX

SIX. blood-splattered shoes

Looking down on the young Mikaelson, a frown etched on her face at the state of the girl. Klaus watches the Sterling girl with guilt knowing that he could've just undaggered Rebekah. Yet he shoves the feeling away and walks over to her and Rebekah.

"Sweet dreams Rebekah."

He turns to one of his hybrids directing orders to them, "time to show her to her room, would you?" The Sterling bends down to press a kiss to her friend's forehead before watching the hybrid wheel Rebekah's coffin away. Busy making sure the hybrid was fragile with the coffin, Cassia doesn't notice the younger Salvatore enter the room until Klaus addresses him.

"I'm surprised you're still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere." Snapping her head up, she watches them, prepared to kill the younger vampire if anything went wrong.

"I live here, Klaus."

"Well, if we're playing this game, then...we were here first," Klaus retorts while gesturing to himself and Cassia. To this, Stefan directs his next words at Cassia. "Who is she anyway?" He turns to Cassia and asks, "Who are you? Better question, what are you?"

"How rude of me, I'm Cassia Sterling. I would say it is a pleasure to meet you but it isn't," she introduces herself with pride as she fakely smiles before continuing, "and I assume you're the other Salvatore brother? The insatiable ripper?" She turns to Klaus to verify the fact and he hums in agreement. "Cute." The girl comments before walking away to another part of the mansion.

***
Mindlessly wandering around the mansion, Cassia decides to walk back to where Klaus and Stefan were.

"Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask Cassia and my siblings. Speaking of whom, isn't it time you handed them over?"

With perfect timing, the girl walks in and perfectly retorts, "ah, yes! Do feel the need to give them back. I'm dying to see my favourite Mikaelson." Klaus playfully glares at her and puts a hand where his heart is, acting hurt.  "You wound me, little rose. I thought I was your favourite."

"Of course not. Kol's my favourite," she bluntly says and smirks knowing she got on his nerves telling him that it was Kol and not him.

Of course, it's not Kol but Finn. Kol's a close second though. On a serious note, she wouldn't be able to choose her favourite Mikaelson sibling since she's close to all of them, even Finn in different ways.

They start to bicker playfully though they don't get to continue much further as Stefan awkwardly clears his throat in an attempt to stop the major third-wheeling he's doing with the two originals. Successful, the two turn their attention back to the Salvatore. He proceeds to inform Klaus that he doesn't like his hybrids and that he wants them gone.

It's now he and Klaus doing the bickering though not as playful and more threatening. Sometime between their quarrel, Cassia zones out only coming back to reality to smack the back of Klaus' head at his careless attitude with his siblings when he remarks about it being worth it, losing a brother if it meant that he got to kill Stefan's.

She rolls her eyes at Klaus' teasing behaviour when he just rubs the back of his head with a mock frown and chuckles in response.

She continues to zone out until something hits the ground, startling her. Looking up, she sees a headless hybrid and pouts at the blood that got splattered onto her shoes. Stefan says something before leaving that Cassia doesn't catch since she's too focused on her blood-stained shoes. "But these were pretty," she mutters before sighing.