SEPT

SEPT. heartfelt reunions

Strolling around the town square, catching up on some much-needed bonding time, Elijah and Cassia enjoy each other's company as they walk in comfortable silence.

"I wanted to inform you that the Salvatores are having dinner with us tonight and I'd appreciate it if you were there."

She laughs sarcastically at the thought of dining with the Salvatores, knowing the past they had with the Mikaelsons. Though her actions cease to continue as she notices the all too serious expression her friend has plastered in his face.

"I'm hoping Niklaus and I can set a deal with Stefan to have our siblings back in our grasp." Ignoring the will to say no, Cassia instantly agrees for the sake of potentially reuniting with the rest of the Mikaelson siblings.

"I will be there but I cannot promise to behave considering who we are having dinner with after all."

***
"As much as I love Nik, it's been unbelievably tiring having only him to talk to."

Elijah chuckles at her statement before agreeing with her, "my brother does tend to have that effect on someone."

With one specific thought lingering in her mind, the words itching to slip out on the tip of her tongue, Cassia contemplates before asking hesitantly, "Nik told me that you were plotting to kill him before you were daggered, why?"

The older Mikaelson sighs knowing that the topic would have eventually come up at some point. "I'm sure you know of Niklaus and his plans," hearing this she only nods, rolling her eyes, not verbally responding.

Taking this as a sign to explain the story, he proceeds to tell his friend a brief version of what had happened, "he had told me the rest of my siblings were at the bottom of the ocean." Cassia mentally facepalms, almost actually facepalming at the stupidity the hybrid has sometimes, "must he always be so dramatic?"

"I do wonder the same too."

***
Clothed in a dress that reached mid-thigh and heels, looking and feeling uncomfortable, she questions again why she agreed to do this.

"I still don't understand why I have to be here." Klaus chuckles at her awkward stance and tries to assure her, "you're here to keep me sane, love. Now stop acting like that, you look stunning." Her cheeks briefly tint red before she ignores it and quickly changes the subject, "who's to say I won't rip their heads off the moment they step through the door? They did try killing you and have successfully daggered Lijah multiple times after all."

"Not yet, love." Before anyone of the two could get another word out, Elijah tells them that their 'guests' have arrived. Klaus then proceeds to address the two 'guests.'

"Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah informs the two Salvatores. "I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out."

Cassia scoffs and retaliates, "well look at that. There is something we have in common. The both of us have a thousand other places we would rather be right now." The girl tasks a deep breath and puts on her best fake smile adding, "but for the sake of Kol, Finn and Rebekah, I've chosen to deal with you idiots for a night."

Looking at his girl with pride, Klaus suggests, just as Cassia's fake smile turns into a devious smirk, "well, we can sit and eat or I can let my dear Cassia fulfill her wish to reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."