DEUX

DEUX. one-sided, late-night coffin talks with his little rose

this chapter only has flashbacks leading up to the first chapter so there's no reason for me to indicate what's present tense and flashbacks with italics so the text will just be in regular font with no italics, enjoy the chapter! - S

➼ England, Late-March 1492
Thoughts swirl wildly around his head, keeping him up as he lays in bed knowing that he can finally wake his little rose now. Yet it seemed like he was more anxious than ever, thinking over his plans, finding mistakes and holes where things might go wrong.

The Mikaelson wanted this to be perfect, after all, he has been waiting almost 500 years to get her back.

Sleepless, he decides to walk over to his coffins where she had been laying forever in a sleeping state until he broke his curse and in turn breaking hers.

Walking up to her coffin and opening the top to look at the peaceful figure. He grabs her hand and kisses it before sitting and telling her about his hectic but eventful day.

"I met the doppelganger of Tatia today during my birthday party. You would have loved it. They treat us as kings though we are only noblemen and I intend on having you be my queen once the full moon arrives and the doppelganger is sacrificed, we will be together once again little rose. I promise you this." Sighing, he leans into the coffin to kiss her forehead affectionately before standing up and walking back to his room.

➼ England, Early-April 1492
"She has fled from us. Katerina found out about my plans to sacrifice her and as soon as she did, she left. I'm truly sorry for not having a tighter hold on her so you would finally be able to be with us all. I miss you little rose."

➼ Cádiz, Spain, 1702
"Mikael found us again. He beheaded my favourite horse and left his head on a pike for me to see in the town square. I still remember all the times you tried to stop his wrath on me though Elijah would always have to stop you. I'm glad you're not here to witness his wrath now however you will never understand how much I wish you were here to provide comfort and to reassure me like you always did."

➼ New Orleans, Louisiana in the New World, 1820
"I rescued a child today. Very unlike me, I know. He reminded me of us, standing up to his authority, fighting for himself. He did not have a name due to his mother not wanting to have high expectations if he didn't survive the influenza outbreak so I took it upon myself to give him one. His name is now Marcellus. Marcellus Gerard."

➼ New Orleans, 1919
"Mikael attacked us while we were in the Opera House. It was grotesque. He compelled the audience to laugh and clap at the several vampires and werewolves he killed and mutilated which included Marcel. I tried to save him but Elijah claimed it was too late so I took Rebekah and ran," a single tear slips out and trails down his face. He quickly wipes it away and finishes his story, "we watched the Opera House burn with everyone in it, including Marcellus."

➼ Chicago, 1922
"He discovered us again. I had to dagger Rebekah because she was too stubborn to give up her love for the ripper we met a few months ago. You would love it now. The girls are reckless, sexy, fun. They literally dance until they drop."

➼ Mystic Falls, late April 2010
"There's been a new doppelganger which means you will finally be with me, with us. After all these centuries, I'm breaking our curses. As soon as turn back, I'll come to get you and we can finally rule together as it should've been."

➼ Mystic Falls, May 2010
A large grin breaks onto his face as he realizes that he's successfully broken the curses meaning that Cassia must've woken up already. Elijah throws him some clothes as he talks to him asking when he can be reunited with them.

As he's speaking, he notices that his little brother's attention is somewhere else and asks, "Care to tell me what has you in a rush, Niklaus?" "If you must know, our dear Cassia has finally been awoken," he replies. Shock plasters the older Mikaelson's face before he goes to speak again for Klaus to only vamp-speed away to the warehouse holding Cassia's coffin.

***
Walking into the storage unit that his siblings and their coffins were with a large ear to ear grin, he called out "Cassia!" He calls out for her a few more times but when he's answered with dead silence, he walks to her coffin.

Opening it expecting the coffin to be empty and for Cassia to pop out somewhere. Anywhere that just wasn't in that coffin still lying dead asleep. Yet, the odds weren't in his favour as he was met with his worst reality.

There she was, in the peaceful state she's been in for the past 1000 years, not one single movement came from her.

"Little rose." He lets out a shaky gasp, muttering incoherent words under his breath. His eyes gloss over as he reaches for her shoulders and shakes her the slightest bit too roughly as if the movement was going to wake her up.

Her limp body fell back into the coffin with a soft thump when Klaus noticed that her head was bobbing back and forth violently and let her go. He starts raging and wrecking everything in sight. It was as if a switch in his head flicked off now realizing he wouldn't ever get his little rose back.

Once everything in the storage unit was smashed and in pieces, just then did he let a single tear slide down his face. Rage and anger turned into sadness and grief. Dark, vengeful eyes to empty and broken.

Ok so there was originally gonna be more flashbacks in this chapter like Klaus going to Gloria and all that but I feel like this is the perfect ending for this chapter so I'm gonna just leave it here. I'm also thinking about changing the face claim for Cassia to Gigi Hadid but I'm not sure. Are y'all ok with the current face claim or should I change it? Leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments :) - S