DIX-SEPT

DIX-SEPT. chaos in the form of two originals

Fortunately for Cassia, the idiot doppelganger didn't plunge the other half of the bat in the right place for the hybrid to temporarily die. A muffled groan came from her lips as she yanked the battered wood from her lower back. If she didn't want to maim and kill the Gilbert doppelganger, which she had already wanted, she sure as hell had a stronger urge to do so now. Leaning back against the batting cage, she let an annoyed sigh out, letting her head rest against it. She really couldn't get a break, could she?

Unfortunately, she had dropped to her knees and fell when Elena stabbed her, long enough for Damon, her brother and herself to get away from the two originals. Chucking away both halves of the bat, she crawled over to where Kol laid. Running a hand through his unruly hair that swept across his forehead, she sat beside him awaiting his return to the living, awaiting for the revenge she would enact on both Elena and Damon.

***
"Nik. I am fine."

Klaus being Klaus decided to call because somehow he had found out about the little situation she and Kol had gotten into which led to him pestering the Sterling through the phone. "Really? Because if I recall, a stake through your back is not all that fun, love."

Cassia rolled her eyes at his sarcasm, replying with just as much of it, "yes, well I did not die, did I?"

"Fine, but I am wondering why you left. In fact, why you left without telling anyone," the Mikaelson questioned. This made her roll her eyes once more at the fact that he thought she had to tell him everything she did.

Loophole, she had told someone, "not true, I told Kol."

An annoyed silence came through as she sighed and confessed, "We both know you wouldn't have let me leave, Nik."

"You're right. I wouldn't because you're not used to this world, Little Rose," Klaus softly declared. He could only hope she understood that it was only to ensure her safety. He couldn't lose her again.

He wouldn't lose her again.

"I'm not a piece of land or an object you own. Not a helpless child either. I can protect myself."

The Mikaelson found himself stumped. He just needed her to know he only wanted her to be safe. That he cared. Though Klaus Mikaelson had never been good at those trivial things, was he? "I know you can, love."

Who knew the original hybrid would ever be stumbling over his words? "I- I care deeply for you, Cassia Rose. I would not be able to live with myself if I let something happen to you again."

Her annoyance disappeared at the vulnerability in his voice. "Nothing will happen to me, Nik. I promise. I trust that you only want my safety but please just trust me to protect myself."

On the other side of the phone, Klaus muttered, "I trust you." Although the Sterling couldn't see him, he looked down at his lap, almost ashamed that he was so horrible at confessing his feelings.

Clearing his throat, Klaus decided to change the subject, "how is my little brother?"

Cassia twisted her neck to look at the younger Mikaelson, still dead on the ground, retorting sarcastically, "currently, he is lying dead beside me." Adding onto her sarcasm, she teased, "would you like a picture?" This time, it had been Klaus rolling his eyes at the Sterling.

And yet, as if the younger Mikaelson had heard the two talking about him, a sudden groan erupted from him, snapping the hybrid's attention to him. Cassia couldn't help but let a small giggle pass her lips at the thought of him hearing that she had been talking about him with Klaus.