ONZE

ONZE. the day after

A moment of comfortable silence was a rare occurrence for the Mikaelson siblings even after the Sterling girl had joined their dysfunctional family. There was always one bickering with the other and the morning after their big ball was no exception. Though, they had come close if it wasn't for Kol pacing and complaining about when their sister would come home, all so that he could tease her about her rowdy night.

Heels click along the floorboards, indicating that their sister was finally home. Of course, right when she walked into the living room, her slightly older brother bombarded her with playful teases and taunts.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," the youngest Mikaelson threatens. Still focused on his sketch, Klaus grins at his sister's scandalous actions and his younger sibling's bickering. Cassia stifles a laugh while she swats the back of his head.

Noticing this, Rebekah turns her attention to her artistic older brother, scolding, "don't start, Nik!" Though he doesn't answer immediately as a low and short whimper of pain erupts from him as a result of Cassia and he turns to her and pouts. She only shakes her head playfully at him. Only then does Klaus divert his attention to Rebekah and tries to defend himself, "I didn't say anything."

"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"Kol!"

He only gives the Sterling a look and points out, "do not act like you didn't fool around with Nik last night either, darling." Cassia's eyes widen to the size of saucers as Klaus only shakes his head at his brother's remark. While Rebekah gives the two an amused look, surprised one of them had finally chosen to make a move. Noticing the girl's wide eyes, Kol shrugs at his friend as if to tell her that she had asked for it.

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it," Klaus states, focusing back on his sketch. "It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart." Setting down the sketchbook, the hybrid stands up, agreeing, "okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."

Turning to the Sterling who, for the most part, had been silently listening to their conversation and asks, "coming, little rose?" She only gives him a look that said 'really' and tilts her head slightly. He grabs her hand and pulls her up from the couch as a response. "Come on, love."

While Klaus got Cassia up from the couch, Rebekah retorts, "yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in."

The Sterling feigns her hurt at the Mikaelson sister's comment, "ouch, Beks." So Rebekah adds, "of course not you, Cassi." Cassia grins at her as Kol rejoins, "Just like you, Bekah." Cassia slaps the back of one of the Mikaelson's heads for the second time that morning yet it's the youngest brother this time. Much like his older brother, he also turns to her, pouting yet she only gives him a sarcastic smile. The grin turns genuine as she shifts her attention to the Mikaelson sister, giving her a small smile before grabbing the wrists of the two brothers and yanking them out of the mansion.

***
"You haven't drank anything yet," Kol points out. Cassia merely shrugs and claims, "I don't like it." Kol looks at her wildly and turns to Klaus, expecting him to tell him that she was joking or something. Klaus nods, almost sadly. "Well...Nik here doesn't drink anything fun. Let me order you something," the younger Mikaelson urges. Klaus scowls at his indirect insult and sips at his drink. Hesitantly, the girl agrees right as her phone buzzes in her pocket.

Stepping away from the two, her eyebrows furrow, still slightly uncertain as to how to use the small phone in her hands while she presses the answer button. Deciding to just press a button, she greets, "hello?"