The Clash of the Dragons Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

This time when I dreamed, I wasn't in the golden chamber like I had expected to be. I was in my ice dragon form circling a dark, dank, black, pit, that had something like a whirlpool inside. I was wondering if that was the abyss. It must have been, because a bunch of black dragons with red symbols were flying above the pit, making themselves at home, or bieng dileberatley sucked into the pit. Those weren't just any dragons.

Those were the war dragons.

They could destroy a mountain like ours, no matter how sturdy or strong it was, they would find a way to force entry and break into it, and they would massacre each and every one of the dragons that lived there.

They were your stereotypical dragons that marauded, pillaged, killed and kidnapped.

"It's horrific isn't it?" a voice beside me said, sadly.

I turned around, expecting an attacker, but instead found a beautiful woman looking wistfully down at the Abyss. She had blond, feathery hair that flowed down her back, and eyes the color of a contrast between the sky and the ocean. I knew who she was, and I wondered how she could've gotten out of the gemstone.

It was Raposa.

"Raposa, what is this?" I asked, my eyes never meeting hers.

"We're in my past, when he had just disappeared. I was so frantic. Even when I had my children to look after, I just couldn't bear the fact that he had disappeared, so I ..." she trailed off and I saw a purple and hazel colored  dragon darting and weaving frantically in and out, staying above the abyss so it didn't suck the dragon.

"You're the dragon, aren't you?"

"Yes. I was a mix between an fire and ice dragon, and thus gaining unimaginable power. Not to metinon I was the host for the stone of power."

" You've metioned the stone of power before. What exactly is it?"

"It's a stone that contains all the different breeds of dragon, and their powers. It's the most powerful thing ever created since the dawn of time. People covet power like that."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, for now. See right here." she said, pointing one of her fingers toward the scene below us.

I watched as a war dragon snapped at a shimmering spot on her underbelly.

 Raposa's dragon form stepped back as it lunged. She snarled at the dragon, and it jumped back as if she had bit him. The next thing was bone-chilling. The dragon was forcibly sucked into the abyss, talons stretching until they popped, trying to grab onto something.

They looked at Raposa, and she gave a brief shake of her horns, And no one did anything to help him. 

 On the inside of my dragon form, I quivered as a numbness spread up my arms.

"Ra-Raposa, What is this?" I asked precariously.

"That is what happened to dragons who resorted to un-dragon like conduct. A horrible fate to endure, but mandatory for a peaceful community." she replied, with no emotion in her voice.

She was definitely the definition of pride. She was calm, let nothing get in her way, even when it meant ending another's life. I could feel me rage, festering and boiling inside me, and it was screaming at me to give a few scars onto her pretty human form. It just occured to me.

She was like a rose.

Prideful and elegant. Beautiful. But when you got close to it, she would slap you with her thorns.

Then the ground shook, and the scene staggered. Raposa glanced around.

"It's time for you to wake. But be forewarned. The worst will come from the one you suspect the least."

"Alright. Goodbye."  I said, willing myself to surface from my twisted nightmares and woke up. I saw the person I never knew would come visit or carry me back to my bed. Over my bed stood Sardon, Emerald's twin brother.  I just lay there, dazed, as if I had a party waiting for me as soon as I got up.

"S-Sardon, what are you doing here?" I said, blinking to regain my focus on him. He just smiled in his goofy way that made me freeze up (I don't know why, it just did.) and laughed.

"Well, Emerald ran to get me as soon as you collapsed and when I came, that guy was trying to carry you like a princess, but struggling, so I said "Whoever you are, give her to me before you break a bone', I swear, he was before he and you got out of the cave."

 I managed to roll my eyes at him, and sighed back on my pillows.

" It's my cue to go. That guys here."

I turned around and saw a shadow at the mouth of the cavern, and I silently prayed for him not to do anything to provoke Sardon. Sardon can be pretty competitive.

But something was wrong. Phillip usually announced his presencelike the self-centered git he was, but this time he was silent.

"Danger!" Raposa exclaimed inside my head, so loud I yelped.

 I squirmed uncomfortably in my blanket and tried to put as much distance between him and I.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" Phillip said smiling menacingly.

One word flashed in my mind.

Rikshay.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please enjoy it and comment about what you think. =)