The Clash of the Dragons-Chapter 12

Chapter 12-Human

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade's POV:

Where was I? Was....this a dream? I looked around, bewildered. This seemed like....home. I was home. I felt a grin spread across my face as I took it all in. The familiar glare of the sun pouring in from a small slit in the ceiling of the cavern. I took a deep breath, breathing in the familiar scent of smoke, and then heard shuffling.

I whipped around, forgetting this was a dream, and crouched behind a rock. I then straightened up and peered out of the caves, towards the dragons coming down the way. I recongized the smoke-blue dragon, Sardon, but who was the girl dragon with him. a misty shade of yellow rose, with a sly smile carved onto her features. I blinked and there they were, now in human form, kissing. I started to clutch my head and scream, but they couldn't hear me.

Deans POV:

She started to scream so loudly I'm suprised that Mom didn't beat her with a frying pan when she heard the noise of her voice shoot through the house like lazers. I hurried over to her. Tears spouted down her face and I felt a wave of pity wash over me. I then felt a impulse and clutched the girl whom I had started to call Aurora in my arms.

Yup, I was a Sleeping Beauty sap.

She tightened her arms against me, and I heard the sobs quiet down and be replaced by heavy breathing. I sighed in relief and gently shifted her weight so that her head was resting on my shoulder.

As I watched the sun come up, I was vaguely aware of arms encircling me, and I glanced down. Aurora was awake, her eyes half-mast as she blinked at me. She gazed at me for a minute before snapping up, fully awake. In a split second I found myself in an all-but-deadly headlock.

"Who are you?" she growled, her voice low and suprisingly soft. "I'm Dean, Dean Baker." I wheezed. She immedietly released me, and scoped me out. "You don't look like the humans we were told about." she said, eyeing me warily. I cocked an eyebrow. " What were you told about humans?" I asked her.

She told me.

She told me about the dragons, and what humans had done to them in the times of old, gutting and burning them alive, the creulty they had to face, and the fate of the half-breeds. She told me of the fight and the Abyss. "Why have you told me this?" I whispered, peering into the fierce green eyes that had been so fearful the night before. "Because you saved me, and so began your life as a protecter." she said, taking one of my hands, and she looked at me.

"How far would you go to save me?" she asked.

"As far as it takes." I answered immedietly. "How much bloodshed would you cause to save me?" she asked. "As much as possible." i said, taking her other hand. She nodded, deep in thought. I felt a jarring pain in my fingers that spiraled up to my shoulder. I gripped her hands, falling onto my knees, my teeth gritting against each other. She closed her eyes and a mysterious green light issued from our entwined hands.

After a while, the excrutiating pain died down. She looked at me.

"I, Raposa, order you to rise, Dean Baker, holder of the spirit of Cabelo, my past husband."

What the----?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY! I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPLOAD BECAUSE OF A HUGE BUILDUP OF WORK AND EVERYTHING. I'm sorry again to those people that have stuck with me since forever, too, and I thank you so much.

Hopefully you liked this!

-QueenietheapologeticCat