The Clash of the Dragons Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

I stayed silent for a long time after he said that, and he just laughed. Laughed. Very loudly and so creepily it made me shudder.

Over and over again. I felt myself be overlapped by the waves of darkness of the Abyss, and I fell against an invisible floor breathing heavily.

I closed my eyes and tried to shut out the grotesque sound that bounced off the walls. I felt tears stream down as I was stuck helplessly, down a hole. Then I felt something pull me out of the blind darkness.

The sunlight blinded me and I felt arms protecting me and I burrowed into them gladly. Sardon's arms. I let a sigh escape my lips and then felt panic seize me. My body became rigid and I thrashed around trying to get away from him. I needed to stop the Abyss. The Abyss. Then I felt something touch my lips and I stopped, frozen. I opened my eyes, and found myself gazing into a Sardon's blue eyes. Mine widened in confusion and my hands fell limply to my sides. He stopped and I just got so dizzy, I had to lean on his chest for balance.

"Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you." he said, gritting his teeth and tightening his grip on me.

I deftly nodded. Why had he kissed me? I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks and my face heating to 90 degrees.

I heard a collective gasp behind me. Sardon turned around and I was suddenly knocked out of his arms and he was up against a wall, getting beat up by my angry fiance.

"What the hell, are you doing to her?" he said, trying to hit him with every word. Sardon, getting pummeled, was obviously surprised because he didn't do anything to him. I intervened and hooked one of my arms around Phillips and held him back. He stopped after a few moments, and pulled me by the hand into the nearest cave.  I was dragged along and when we were in a few hundred yards, he stopped and turned me to face him quickly. Before I could protest, his lips pressed down on mine roughly, and it wasn't the ideal kiss I had dreamed about with my fiance.

As soon as he came up for air, I slapped him.

"What the hell do you think YOU"RE doing?"

He fingered the slap mark and just smiled at me.

I frowned.

Why was he smiling?

"I finally got to kiss you." he said simply.

I recoiled in disgust. What was he doing?

I wrenched my hand away from him and raced back out of the cave and out of the mountain passages, seeking the refuge of the iris garden.

I ran barefoot out of the mountain and scrambled under the bushes that tore at my arms at hair.

The iris garden stood there, looking peaceful and immedietly I felt a wave of tranquil spread over me.

Then I heard some shuffling coming from the other side of the meadow, and Pakari emerged as I dove behind a rock.

She walked around the garden for a long tiime, and then went over to the flame iris, one by one, and staked their flames, making them more beautiful.

I stepped out from my hiding place, and she jumped about two feet and then burst out laughing for no reason.

Then she saw my face.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I told her about my ordeal and she sat back.

"Wooooow. You've got it bad, man."

"I totally agree."

We talked for a long time and I felt a strange sense of happiness, which was rare nowadays. Hopefully my life will straighten out and then this will all be over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote, comment and just enjoy it.=) Sorry for it bieng a bit short.

-QueenietheCat