The Clash of the Dragons Chapter 8:

"Jade, come on!!! You're never gonna catch me!!!!" his voice rang out, triumphant.

"You bet I will!!! Just watch me!" a little girl with short blond hair yelled out into thin air.

"No, you won't!"

"Will too!"

"Jade, watch out! It's the edge!"

"Huh?" the little girl said surprised as she sailed out into the air, and bashed her arms against the harsh rock outcropping that laced the mountain like a steel barricade."

"JADE!!!!!!!!"

That's all I remembered. Honestly it was.

This dream started 7 years ago, when I was 5. I remember it because it was the day I recived my wrist to elbow scar, thanks to a boy. I forgot the boy's name, but we had been really good friends. He had been a shadow dragon, and was always tickling me from nowhere. Once he did that next to a jagged edge of the mountain. I remember the pain and suffering. I never saw him again.

 I woke up and fingered that unsettling scar. I hurriedly got out of bed and got dressed. I quickly trotted out of my cavern and collided with someone. I fell on the hard floor and my spinal cord screamed in pain. A pair of brown eyes hung worriedly over my gaze.

"Are you alright?" a voice like melting chocolate asked me. I nodded, and leaned on one of the columns for support.  

 "Why would such a beautiful moonbeam be down on earth?" he asked, acting flabbergasted. I edged my way around him, and turned to leave.

Suddenly he grabbed my arm.   "What are you doing?" I asked, angrily. His grip tightened.   "Jade? Is that you?" he asked, a million questions reflected in his eyes.

  I twisted my arm, trying to get away from him. "Leave me alone! Who are you?"  

 His grip just continued to strangle my arm.

He pushed up the sleeve of my shirt and his eyes locked onto mine. "It IS you."  

I bit back tears for my poor arm that was almost dead.  

 He suddenly pulled me into him and embraced me. He was lean and tall. He buried hid face in my hair. He was a good 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but I still struggled.

"Who are you? I asked once, I ask you again."  

 "You don't remember do you?" he realized, letting go.

I pushed him away. Suddenly a rush of memories came charging at me. He was...no... he couldn't be...  

Suparu. My old friend.  

 I just was overcome and I ran out of the cave.  

 I burst out of the darkness and the light rejoiced.

My dragon parts propelled me to jump off the cliff. My wings broke out of their hold and lifted me into the air. I soared above the limits of the mountains.

 I decided to venture to the place I would never have gone to.  

 I decided to go to the human world.  I spotted a city miles away and decided to land. I found a forest where I tucked in my wings, and blended into the environment.  

My jeans and t-shirt under a gray and purple sweatshirt with boots blended in with the normal surroundings, and I walked down the sidewalk.

 It was around 2:40 and school was letting out. I was walking next to a middle school and people were stopping to stare at me.

I must have looked strange.

A girl of 12 just walking without any bag and looking lost.  

 I paid them no attention and just walked on. After walking around the city for quite some time, I sank down onto a nearby bench and thought about this morning.

Suparu.

 Wow. It had been 7 years, of course I wouldn't have recognized him.

 I just decided to return to the mountain after all, so I unfurled my wings and prepared to take off.

I shot into the sky and breathed in the fresh air. 

 The skies became grey and menacing.Puffs of snow began to circulate through the skies. Irecoiled and shivered.

I had to get back to the mountain.

 Dragons hated the snow on Mt.Corason. It's  kind of ironic, isn't it?

We, the Ice dragons, don't take to kindly to snow. we like ice, just not snow.

I continued to fly onward, hugging my sweatshirt around me even tighter. It was getting pretty hard to see. I could make out distant shapes in the sky. I quickly switched to my  aquamarine eyes, my dragon eyes.

 Those flying shapes were dragons.  

I quickly caught an upward draft, and rocketed into the air.

Those dragons were not friendly. I was grinning, and thought I had lost them. Then out of nowhere, a dragon slammed into me.

 I was in my human form, so the injuries hit me much,much harder than if I was in dragon form.

 I kept a blood-curdling scream from emanating into the tempest.

The snow thickened and blocked my vision. It choked me because I had my mouth open.

 Black figures danced in front of my eyes. I did the thing I should have never done.

I fainted dead away, and my wings flailed uselessly as I plummeted.

 Someone's arms wrapped around me before I hit the ground, and inside, I was panicking. I forced my eyes open. I only saw a smirk plastered on a face.

 A face that I never wanted to ever see, but I just had.

Sharp features, long waist-length blond hair, but knife-straight, and red irises. Pale white skin. It looked like Raposa.

 But, I knew it wasn't.

It was Rikshay. "Hello, princess. Here's a knight in shining armour." he scoffed. He then touched my head and everything went blurry and faded to black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to check out my story. It's really awesome writing new things on Wattpad.Like, comment, fan, whatever! If you like it, please make it known!

 -QueenietheCat  (=>.<=) or (=^-^=)