♣ Day 3 ♣

I WAS WAITING for you at the coffee shop

You were busy and promised to come after sometime.

Maybe you won't come, after all you didn't like me.

Wrapping my small slender fingers around the handle of my mug, I picked it up and took a long, slow sip, the bitter taste of coffee overwhelming my taste buds.

I carefully placed the mug back on the table, creating a mellifluous thud on the wood as it made contact.

I saw you coming from across of the room and my face brightened up.

You sat on the chair by the window. I found my solace in a form of human being with a pair of heavenly eyes.

Despite your obvious disinterest, I began a conversation.

"Hey Tae." I grinned and you pursed your lips.

You turned away and gave me a look, not even trying to be polite anymore.

Just a hello was enough. But all I got was silence.

"Can I ask you something?" I said, my voice was quiet.

You side-glanced me and nodded.

"Well," I started hesitatingly. "Why are you so silent nowadays?"

You looked at me, eyes darker than usual. Saying nothing, I stared back, not knowing what to do.

"Because someone said that my voice is annoying," you said, your deep voice barely controlled.

I swallowed at your sudden and uncharacteristic change, and lowered my head awkwardly.

The sweet smell of sugar and cream mixed with my aroma of strong Coffee.

You scrunched your nose at the smell. "How can you even like Coffee?"

I couldn't help but smile at how adorable you looked. Your golden brown tousled hair as golden as sunlight on fall leaves.

"But you were so desperate to go on a coffee date with me back then," I defended myself.

"I was not desperate to drink coffee. I just wanted to spend some time with you." You pursed your lips. "So as you liked coffee I thought you would like to go there but ...you still denied."

You blinked rapidly as you gulped water down your throat. You looked away to hide your melancholic eyes.

My heart was crumbling slowly, painfully but I tried to be strong.

The air sucked in through my teeth, immediate guilt and regret spreading through me.

"I'm sorry," I said lowly, hesitatingly making you halt in surprise.

"...what?" You furrowed your eyebrows but you wouldn't meet my eyes.

"I said I am sorry," I bit my lips.

"I-It's ok," You breathed, your eyes softening as you turn to look at me. "It doesn't matter now."

A mere millisecond of contact with your beautiful dark brown eye balls. Your brown eyes were as sweet as chocolate and as solid as wood.

I hated myself for being so late in realising my feelings for you. When all the memories flood into my head, they strangle my thumping heart and threatened to fall from my eyes.

You were a candle and I burned you out, leaving you in the darkness. And when I wanted you to come out of there, you became too familiar with the darkness.

I lost you, but gained the pain.

I sighed, if only.... if only I could be with you. I don't even need to kiss you or hug you. I just... I just want to hold your hand, caress your cheek. I just want you to smile at me and tell me you will be always be my side.

...but I couldn't.

"I won't deny now. I will go wherever you will take me," I said softly.

"It's not needed," You were quick in replying.

"But I want to." I replied.

You blinked. "Why?"

"The way you blink, how can I not?" I said, sounding mildly flirty.

You turned away with smallest of smile and a roll of your eyes, and I caught a glimpse of the gloominess that still hadn't left your eyes.

I live for your smiles.

Was this really the end?

End was just a word. We could still prevent this word.

Maybe....