Prologue

I woke from my slumber as I heard my cousin, Charlie speak excitedly "Bernard, can I go? Please can I go Bernard?" Bernard? I thought, I didn't recall anyone named Bernard staying at my Aunts house for Christmas, and it couldn't be a new guest because I only went to bed an hour ago. I hopped out of my bed and walked to the door, opening it just enough for me to see what was going on. "Its ok with me." A boy, who looked like he was around 15 spoke as he looked at my uncle Scott. I looked at my uncle and gasped, his hair was now white instead of the normal brown, a big beard and a red suit. "Hiya there kiddo" Who I assumed was Bernard walked past Charlie and towards me. He crouched down to my height "Whats your name?" I looked at my Uncle Scott and back to Benard "I'm Y/N" I tried to put on a smile but I was too tired and my eyes began to grow heavy "Who are-" I started but cut myself off with a yawn, Uncle Scott walked towards me and picked me up "let's just get you to bed kiddo" I tried to fight and squirm around in his arms but enevatablely I was put back to bed. "Uncle Scott, are you Santa?" I asked as he was leaving the room and turning my light back off. " Y/N, you know I would love to tell you but if i stay here much longer, how am I supposed to deliver presents?" I squealed and pulled my blanket over my head, quickly falling asleep once again.

It was extremely early when I woke up, 5:42 am, If i was reading my new analog clock correctly. I skipped down the stairs and tackled the Christmas Tree, Charlie showing up shortly after me. We both pulled all our own presents out and started unwrapping them. Towards the end, Neil and Laura had made their way downstairs and had started opening their own presents while Charlie and I played with our new toys. I was reading one of my new picture books when I heard Neil call my name "Y/N, you missed one at the back" I stood up and walked over to the Tree picking up the one Neil had been talking about. It was wrapped nicely, Y/F/C paper with a candy cane bow, it had said it was from S.C and B. S.C and B? Who? I ripped open the paper and opened the considerably large box it contained, inside was a beautiful snow globe "Hey just like mine!" Charlie said as he ran over with a similar snow globe. We put them beside eachother and pointed out the few differences in them "wait, where did you get yours?" I asked Charlie, considering it was probably from the same person and I really wanted to know who. He leaned in closer to my ear "My dad is Santa and we went to the North Pole last year and the again last night! Bernard the elf gave me mine, he's like my bestfriend!" He squealed, failing to keep a calm demeanour like he had attempted to. S.C probably stood for Santa Claus and B probably stood for Bernard, it wasn't a dream! I smiled and pulled the snow globe to my chest. I kept that snow globe with me for years, I brought it to school, every show and tell, restaurants, the doctor, the park,even in my own backyard. Until I turned 13 and finally lost the spirit of Christmas, no longer believing that night 5 years ago really happened. Then Uncle Scott payed us a visit.

~