A Fling

I took a shower the next morning and walked downstairs to the island again. I sat there gazing at my ring. It was so beautiful. Pictures started flashing in my head of the perfect wedding. Out in the courtyard where Scott and Carol got married but a little more set up and not rushed.  Bernard looked at me and laughed a little.

"I take you really like it." I didn't hear him. I was still so lost in thought. He tapped my head.

"W-what?" I asked so confused. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" He laughed.

"Oh I don't know. Just about everything I guess." I said looking back at the ring. He sat down beside me and took my hand and looked at the ring as well.

"Y'know, I think it's so stupid we have to put a ring on someone's finger to show everyone you love them." He said smiling. 

"Yeah well I think it's a whole lot better than your idea of showing everyone I'm yours." I laughed as I pulled down my shirt a little to show off the hickeys he gave me. He laughed at me. 

"Oh you'll be fine." He said as he touched them. 

A little bit later, we headed down to the workshop. All the way there, we would throw occasional  snowballs at each other. Of course not to many because we didn't want to get our clothes wet.

"Hey why did you cover them all up?" Bernard asked staring at my neck and pouting like a child.

"Because if anyone sees these especially my uncle...well you can finish the rest." I laughed. I grabbed his hand and kissed his cheek as we walked through the huge doors.

Everyone stared at us and congratulated us. Me and Bernard had parted ways so he could get to work, and as usual I wondered about but with more attention following me than usual. Everywhere I turned, there was an elf or two asking me how I felt or congratulating me. To finally escape this, I went to see Carol. I needed advice. 

"Hey honey! How are you?" She said as she sat up to hug me. 

"I'm really good actually. I came for advice." I said sitting down. "So, I don't know how to act about this, I'm getting all this attention I didn't actually want from everyone, I feel like life is moving to fast for me, and it's been a month, is that to soon to get engaged?" 

"Well, are you happy with what happened? Do you have any real issues that are making it impossible?" she grabbed my hand.

"Well no." 

"Is Bernard? Does he feel like it's too soon or have a problem with it?" for some reason, the fact she mentioned Bernard gave me chills down my spine but in the best way possible.

"Not that I know of." I replied.

"Then everything will be fine!" She said in a promising voice. 

We sat there talking about everything in the world. Judy brought us hot chocolate, and occasionally Scott came over and talked to us. I was so happy. After a little while, Scott had more things he needed to do, Carol wanted to go explore the workshop a little more, and I went to go find Bernard. As I walked out the door, the elf I caught him with ran into me.

"Oh it's just you." She giggled and looked down in awkwardness. "Let me properly introduce myself. I'm Isabelle." 

"I'm Y/n, are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I?" I asked looking at the tray on the floor.

"No no, I'm okay." She said as she said goodbye and walked off. Something about her seemed off. 

~~TIME SKIP~~

That evening as the elves were finishing final touches on what they were working on, I went to go find Bernard so we could go home. I was walking by the bedrooms when I heard someone giggling from Charlie's. That was Isabelle giggle. I put my ear up to the door and heard the most revolting things ever. Well to me because you know...he's my cousin.

"Do you feel it?" A boy was asking in a intimate voice.

"Oh yeah. It's so big!" The girl giggled.

I sat there trying to make out the voices. It was definitely Isabelle and I prayed it wasn't Charlie. I knocked on the door hoping it would stop the noise. I heard someone walking to the door...it was Charlie!

"Ew Charlie! What the actual hell are you doing?!" I asked practically yelling.

"Maybe you shouldn't eves drop!" He screamed back

"SHE'S AN ELF!" I stated. At this point I wasn't grossed out but merely raging with the fact he never told me. Was he dating her?

"Like you have room to talk." He touched part of an exposed hickey on my neck. I quickly covered it with my hand and stormed off.

Why wouldn't he tell me about her? I knew she seemed off. I just wished it wasn't my cousin though. At least I'm engaged. Is he dating her? Or is that really a fling? I stopped and really thought about that. This is so not Charlie.