Flirting?!

"Why are you trying so hard to make me believe?" I asked quietly but angrily. 

"This is important for me. The more kids who believe the etter of chance I have of staying Santa." Scott explained. 

"So you're telling me, that if I don't believe, then you're whole look will change and you'll be ripped from you're job?" I folded my arms, actually intrigued.

"No because I believe." Charlie said standing up and walking to us.

"No I believe now. I remember him. Bernard. He gave me the snow globe, and then he was just standing- in my-door." I slowed my words in disbelief. He is real. 

"Well, we're going to have to leave soon." Scott got up to walk out of my room. I quickly finished packing and went downstairs to tell Laura and Neil goodbye. 

We got in a...sleigh...and started flying. What the heck. I started thinking about Bernard again and blushed. Luckily it was cold out so I could just say it was from the cold. I couldn't stop thinking about his perfect curls and the smirk he gave me as he left. He really came by just to make sure I believed again. 

I broke up my thoughts and peered over the edge of the sleigh. I could see everything, or so it felt. I felt on top of the world and nothing could bring me down. A few minutes later, Scott notified us that we were close. My stomach flipped and brought back my thoughts of Bernard. He was perfect. 

We landed in a stable, and I was freezing. I watched as the reindeer magically just appeared. I was amazed by it all. I discretely started looking around to see if I could spot Bernard. I couldn't find him right off. 

"Hey I want to show you around." Charlie grabbed my shoulder and pulled me with him. We went into this rather large but beautiful building where there were more elves working hard on every toy ever. 

"This place is amazing." I gasped as I looked around. 

"Come on. This way." Charlie took me to the kitchen, and right as I stepped through the door, I saw him. 

"Bernard." I whispered to myself. Not even Charlie heard me. 

"And make sure their done soon. He has other people coming." Bernard demanded towards the other elves. He looked over at us and our gazes locked together. I couldn't move. I was stuck in his line of sight. He walked over to me.

"H-hey." I quietly said to him when he approached me.

"Do you believe yet?" he asked smirking like he did back at the house. I nodded in agreement. 

I was blushing. He is just so perfect. The glitter on his cheeks made his beautiful golden brown eyes pop. His lips looked so soft. He bit his lip in concentration which obviously gave me butterflies. I blushed even harder. 

"Charlie, why don't you go find Santa, and I'll continue to show her around." He demanded Charlie. 

"Where are we going?" I asked following Bernard out the door.

He leaned in close to my ear and whispered "Everywhere." I couldn't help but giggle a little which made him smile. 

He really meant everywhere when he said it. It took us hours to get through the entire North Pole. He showed me all the little shops around, small parks where elves dance and skate, and he even took me through their town where they all lived and showed me the beautifully decorated houses. 

We made our way back to the courtyard in front of the workshop. I turned to look around again. When I turned to ask him a question, he threw a snowball at me. In shock, I stood there as he laughed at me, then I threw one back and hit him directly in the nose. 

"That wasn't very nice." he stated. 

My eyes grew very big "You threw one at me first." and I threw one at him again. This went on for a few minutes till I heard Scott yell at me. 

"Hey y/n! I need to talk to you." He was  standing on a large balcony. 

Bernard went back to work, and I went to see what Scott needed. He informed me on where I was going to be sleeping and showed me my room. It was beautiful. There was a huge bed, long sheer curtains in front of darker ones, and the whole room just smelled of cinnamon and  peppermints. Scott left and I danced around my room in excitement. 

I sat on my bed and started thinking about my day with Bernard. Was I flirting? Oh my god I was totally flirting. I smacked my forehead. Wait he was too. Or maybe he was just being nice. Am I catching feelings? With an...ELF?! I threw myself back on the pillows and tried not to overthink. I couldn't help it. The way he looks at me, and the way he makes me feel. 

I got up to get ready for bed and tried not to think about it again. As I laid down, I stared out the huge window overlooking everything. Everything about this place was beautiful. I definitely believed again, and then I closed my eyes to go to sleep.