Chapter 4

"On today's edition of 'May's Adventures', we find her on the road to Cherrygrove city, Johto, with an arrogant rival! Yes! You heard me right! In Johto with my rival Drew! Would you like to guest star?"

He gave me a weird look. "Still doing the May's adventures thing? I would have thought you would have stopped sometime between Mirage Island and now."

I pouted. "You just don't know how to have fun."

"That's the exact same comeback that you used on Mirage Island."

"HOW DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?"

He shrugged. "I have a good memory, and a sense of attention span."

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, YOU GRA- ooh, is that a Caterpie?"

"My point exactly."

I glared at him while he just continued walking, a smug yet amused look on his face.

----------------------

"I'll go gather some sticks and stuff to light the fire fire with." I suggested as Drew pulled out some cooking supplies. "Are you sure you don't want me to help cook?" I asked. It just didn't seem fair to make him do all of the cooking.

"Are you sure that you want to be poisoned?" He retorted.

"Meenie..." I turned around to go gather some fire materials.

"Hey, May? Don't go too far. I don't exactly feel like having to find you or rescue you if a wild Pokemon jumped you." I'm still trying to figure out if he's just teasing me, or if this is his cryptic way of caring.

I rolled my eyes. "I can take care of myself."

"Seriously though, don't go too far."

"I'm not four..." I argued. This wasn't my first time traveling! He knows that!

"Really? Well you act like it."

"Hayden..." I growled before going to gather the fire material.

---------------------

By this time, it was pitch black save for the dying fire and the stars.

Drew yawned for about the hundredth time in the past ten minutes."I'm going to bed..." He murmured sleepily.

I was wondering it was going to take before he either went to bed or just plain fell asleep sitting up.

"I'll go to bed too."

I pulled out my dark red sleeping bag while he rolled out his black one. "Night... May..."

"Goodnight, Drew."

------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. I opened my eyes to see sunlight streaming through the leafs of the trees above.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I wandered over to where Drew was making breakfast while simealtaniustly running a brush though my messy hair, returning it to its usual bouncy state.

"'Morning, sleepyhead. You'll be pleased to learn that breakfast is almost ready, Mrs. Always hungry."

------------------

I smiled as I finished my last pancake. "I didn't know that you know how to cook!"

He shrugged. "It's never exactly come up in conversation. Plus, I started out traveling by myself, remember?"

"Oh, riiiiiiiight..." I said sheepishly rubbing the back of my head. "Brock did pretty much all of the cooking back when I was traveling with them. Max, Ash, and I would probably starve each other."