Chapter 22

"Drew, how long until we're out of these woods?" May asked.

"Soon," Drew answered, not really knowing himself.

"Estimate time, please?"

"Soon is and estimate time," Drew replied, hoping she would drop it. Yeah. Fat chance.

"In who's definition of soon?" May pressed. "Because you're a lot more patient than I am, so soon for you might not be considered soon of me."

Drew sighed. "Look. We're right here on the map," he informed her, holding out the slick, water proof piece of paper to her so she could examine it. "The exit it here. We're taking this route," he continued, running his index finger along it. "That's how long it should take. Happy?"

"Not really," May answered honestly.

------------------------------------

May quietly looked at the trees around her. That's when something hit her - the trees were getting less and less dense.

"Drew! Drew! Drew! Drew! Drew! Dre-"

"What!?" Drew interrupted.

"Are we almost out of the woods yet?" She asked.

Drew's right eye twitched, but he controlled his annoyance. "Yes, we're almost out. Although," he continued before she could start celebrating, "once we get out of the woods, there's still a good bit of distance until we get to Goldenrod."

May frowned. "But I'm boooooooooored!!!!" She whined.

Drew rolled his eyes, used to his traveling partner's childish antics.

Honestly, they had been traveling together for so long that even most of the teasing was over with. Sure, they still made fun of each other, but not nearly as much. They pretty much understood most things about the other, what they liked and disliked, what they were sensitive about, and where they both needed physical or emotional support.

"I SEE THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!" May screamed, grabbing Drew's hand and pulling him along.

Drew let out a small help as he stumbled for a second before falling in pace with the racing girl.

"WE MADE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

May stopped abruptly.

"Um... May?"

"Huh?"

Drew twisted his wrist slightly to remind her.

"Sorry!!" May squealed, releasing her hand.

'Oh, there you go again. Refusing her hand. Seriously, you lovesick idiot?'

Oh. Look who's back.

'What's wrong with you?! She held your hand, and you made her let go?!'

Okay. First off, she only grabbed it to pull me along. Second, she didn't know what she was doing. It wasn't intentional.

'Then why did you let go of her hand?'

Because she's my friend, not my girlfriend.

'So you're admitting that you want her to be your girlfriend?'

NO!!!!!!

'Denial.'

I don't want to have her as my girlfriend.

'Seriously? You'll admit it to yourself, but when it comes to anyone else, even your inner voice, you go into extreme denial? Seriously?'

I've admitted it to Solidad.