v1track7

Fev Chandler bounced the ball twice before trying once again to throw it. It was some consolation seeing how much better she had gotten since this wasn't really her sport. It was a nice change of pace from her incredibly pathetic basketball skills at the beginning of summer. Back then, she could barely get the ball to hit the rim. Now, she could occasionally manage to get it in.

Just kidding. She was still beyond shit

"I'm not pressing charges, I just want to know why you did it."

"I... I thought it would be a good way to get your attention."

"Well, you weren't wrong."

She had to give MIT credit. They worked a lot more efficiently than she had thought, contacting the NYPD and getting in touch before Fev could've even changed out of her gym clothes. Whilst they hadn't hand-cuffed her, she had still been escorted by the police off school property and into a police vehicle.

"I read your personal statement. It's impressive. Especially considering the fact that you went to great lengths to conceal your parentage."

"I wanted to get in on merit and not family ties."

From the screen, the Dean of MIT had brought his hands together to rest under his chin. He really was a lot more intimidating in his element and not when Fev was just Googling him or looking through his family pictures. Even from the webchat that had been set up in the interrogation room where Mo and a lawyer Bart had sent over had stood besides the NYPD chief who was sitting, watching Fev speak to Dr. Chandrakasan via video call.

"And you didn't think you'd get in on merit?"

"Well, uh, sir, with all due respect that's kind of what's happening right now... I'm waiting to see what you're going to do."

Yammy passed her the ball once more and she spun, her sneakers squeaking against the court as she pushed her hands up and watched as the ball flew threw the air... 

... and missed. 

"Fix up whatever rabbit-hole you managed to squeeze through and then we'll be in touch." That was all the Dean had said to her before the laptop had been taken off her and she went home to one incredibly pissed off Mo who was still not talking to her.

Fev already had already done as the Dean had asked. It had taken her a day. Then another to set up additional firewalls that would reroute with new codes every ten seconds, making it near impossible for her to sneak back in if she so desired. All she had to do now was wait for them to get into contact.

And there would be no criminal record since Dr. Chandraksan had apparently taken her up on her offer to demonstrate her skills patching up the mess she'd made. All that was left was for his feedback.

Or so that's what the Police Captain had told her.

Captain Raymond Holt was the man in charge of the 99th precinct - the one that had taken over the case. He wasn't very... expressive, but Fev could still tell was very unimpressed with the excited police officer who had taken her statement. Really, it had made the whole situation a lot easier to digest, a lot less serious if you will. The fact that the officer who was taking her statement wasn't just asking the standard questions about what had happened, but was giddy like a child on Christmas in asking how she managed it.

By the time Detective Jake Peralta had brought up Die Hard, the Captain had to step in and tell her the Dean wanted to speak to her. And Detective Peralta actually gasped and started clapping.

Still didn't make it easier with Mo who still refused to speak to her. She tried several times but he'd just give her a look and put on his earphones, going about something else. Despite the week that had passed and that all loose ends seemed to have been tied up - the week-long suspension dished out by Constance, her setting up the firewalls and Detective Peralta filing all the paperwork and saying that nothing really else needed to be done - there wasn't much else she could do.