v1track9

Chuck Bass panted as he was the last of the trio, following behind Nate who followed CJR 'Chandler' down the streets of Queens. He knew Nate was freaking out and wanted to make sure he didn't get lost as Chandler supposedly brought them to a safe getaway.

"Here." She said, punching a few digits into a keypad as she brought the handle up. Chuck frowned at the level of security to a seemingly ordinary apartment complex. Nate rushed in and Chuck followed, Chandler closing the door behind them.

She darted forward and lead Nate to the corresponding door, keys ready as she opened up the door to the apartment that she and Mr. Abad lived in.

"Mo! Yo, Mo!" She called out, seeing the lights off. She snapped the kitchen lights on and Nate found himself collapsing onto the stool. Chuck followed suit, taking off his blazer and loosening his tie.

"You alright?" Chuck asked, putting a hand on Nate's shoulder.

"Yeah, you."

"Never better." Chuck responded, leaning back as he observed his surroundings. It was a nice quaint little place that seemed to have rugs everywhere. Honestly, there didn't seem to be an inch of ground that wasn't covered by some Persian rug design. On top of that, Chuck noted the mess of dishes in the sink, the peeling wallpaper, the smell of burnt coffee and the overly-ripe-borderline-rotten banana in the fruit bowl in front of him. All of these little flaws were something Chuck would never find in his own perfect suite. For it was all these little things that made this a home.

"Mo's out." Chandler said, reappearing from the hallway. She was frantic and frazzled as she pulled out her phone to try and ring him once more.

"Is he normally out?" Nate asked.

"Yes and no." Was her response as she waited for the other end to answer. As it rang, she added, "But the fact that it was Big Boy is a problem. You and Nate are rich and live on the Upper East, so you're fine."

"And what about you?" Chuck asked.

"Hi! The number you have called is currently switched off or currently unavailable—" The voice message rang loud and she hung up the phone. With a sigh, she went round to the kitchen and pulled a stool to the spot in front of the oven. She then stepped up and reached up to bring some small and black from above the range hood.

"Is that a gun?"

"Look, you guys don't know who you're dealing with. Big Boy might've let us go but he's not exactly known as being merciful."

"Then why did you tell me to make Arthur leave?" Chuck demanded as she went up to where the windows were, peeking from behind the curtains. "We should be at the Palace right now."

"If your driver didn't leave, he would be dead." She huffed and turned to look at the two boys. "Look, you two are free to leave when Mo comes back and can help."

"What about you?" Nate asked.

"I'll be fine."

"You just said that Chuck and I will be fine because we live on the Upper East. You don't."

"Don't worry about me." She said. "This isn't the first time—"

Fev's words were cut off when there was a loud bang going off. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the two boys she never imagined to be sitting in her kitchen. Chuck and Nate looked back at her, equally as fearful. She brought a finger to her lips as she lithely walked back to the kitchen. There was no way she was going to be the one to deal with the gun and hoped one of them somehow knew how to use it. Nate, now longer caught up in the shock of everything, picked it up..