v1track4

"Fevoria?"

There was only one person in Manhattan who was stupid enough to use that name.

Turning around, Fev declined Mo's call as she came face to face with Bartholomew Bass, standing there in a crisp suit, completely ignoring everything his PA was telling him. He was standing a few feet from her, just outside the door to the hotel and Fev suddenly wished that her and Dan's little picnic could've been literally anywhere but the Palace.

First Chuck and now this?

"Excuse me Louisa." Bart said holding up a finger to his assistant as he walked up to Fev who rolled her eyes. Despite the fact that the courtyard was empty - save for Dan - there should be no reason for Bart Bass to come up to some random student from Constance.

And that was all she should be to him - a random student he would never otherwise glance twice at.

But, of course, as Mo put it, Bart Bass was an idiot.

"We're not supposed to know each other." Was Fev's greeting to the godfather she hadn't seen in a few months. She was keenly aware of Dan's gaze on her from the far end of the courtyard.

"Which is why I want to ask if you'll meet me in my office." Bart insisted.

"I'm here with a friend." She said, making it clear that disappearing off with him would arouse suspicion that both parties could do without.

"Ah yes, Daniel." Bart said, his eyes gazing over her shoulder to where Dan would be sat. The billionaire was well aware of Dan Humphrey. Not just from the likes of his own check-ups on Fevoria, but even from his own son who informed him about a piece of very interesting information. "The boyfriend."

Fev, however, just snorted. "Dan's not my boyfriend."

"You two sure are close." Bart commented. "Even Charles says so." His people had reported to him that she had become very close with a boy living in Brooklyn who also went to St. Jude's and upon asking his son about Daniel Humphrey, Chuck's entire demeanour had shifted and he'd become scathing.

Though, if anything, Charles' reaction to Daniel dating Fevoria had made Bart smile.

"Chuck talks about me?"

"Well... no. I asked."

Fev sighed. "Well your son might be displeased to know that he's actually wrong about something. And you probably shouldn't ask Chuck about me since despite what you might think, we aren't close. He doesn't know me. He's spoken to me twice since freshman year. Once about CJR and the other when he thought I was a dealer and asked for— uh. Nothing." She stopped but Bart sighed, looking like he already knew what Fev was about to say.

"I see you still haven't stopped making excuses for him." Bart said.

"And I see you won't let anything up. Even if you and I aren't supposed to know each other." She reminded, adding emphasis to highlight her point.

"Fevoria, I made a promise to Sara and Seo-joon that I would take care of you - regardless of what was written in the will." Bart said. Fev nodded for the sake of being unable to say anything. Bart really didn't need to say it; Fev knew the history between her parents and Bart and Chuck's mother. Friends like those are hard to come by and with Bart being the only one left alive, she knew the invitation to come and live in New York with him would've come regardless of Mo living and working here.

In fact, if Fev woke up tomorrow and demanded that she wanted her own private Palace Hotel luxury suite to live in and a Bart Industries credit card, the man would've done so and thrown in her own private car and driver into the mix as well.