v1track3

"Hello?"

"FEV?! Oh my God! Where have you been? I thought something happened when you never got back to me after you left to go home and Mo said he hadn't heard from you and thought that you were with me which obviously you weren't and then I went crazy trying to find you and then Mo told me you were sleeping which was a relief but you were asleep a long time and my dad needed help with these flyers and Jenny had this dress situation and I thought maybe the spider bite was affecting your sleep and I didn't know what to do and—"

"Daniel Humphrey I swear to God if you keep talking I will hang up."

"Alright, alright, alright." Boy Wonder said, taking a deep breath, "Well, when can you tell me what happened? You never go off the radar like this - well, without any warning, that is."

She snorted, recalling all the times Dan would message asking something along the lines of:

Is your Lord of the Rings marathon over?

How many chapters left of that Joey Tribbiani fanfic left?

Did you build a car this time? Seriously Mo told me he can smell the grease from the kitchen.

How many songs this time? Lonely Boy needs his one friend back!

"True." Fev said, recalling the Three Day Incident of '06 that had them coming to an agreement for her to give Dan the heads up if she fell off the map. "My bad but Dan, honestly, chill. I was just sleeping cause I was feeling a little sick."

Gross understatement.

She had come home, thrown up in the toilet all the McDonalds her and Dan had eaten, almost had another attack and would've actually called Mo to go to the hospital had she not crashed in bed and fallen asleep. Waking up, she felt much better. Laying in bed, she tried to rationalise everything she had been feeling. That it was eating three McDonald's cheeseburgers that caused her to throw up. That the change in weather had left her a little breathless. That staying up all night to read Chuck Bass fanfiction meant she had an entire night's sleep to make up.

Or at least that's what she told Mo to ease his worries upon coming back from the first day back and seeing her asleep in bed. And considering Fev was a light sleeper, seventeen hours straight was a big thing. Mo said he was about to go wake her up when she had finally trudged her way into the kitchen to see him sat with his laptop and glasses at the bench.

"I thought you died." Was what he had said.

"I wish." Was her response as she went to open the fridge and drink milk straight from the carton of almond milk that was specifically hers and therefore Mo couldn't make any sassy remarks about how disgusting it was when she did that.

Her phone, sat on the countertop, had then rang and Mo went on to explain that Dan had been ringing every hour like a worried mother hen and so Fev went about making herself come coffee as she prepared herself for the onslaught of answering a phone call from Dan Humphrey.

"Oh, okay well that's good." Her best friend said, accepting her reasons. "Even my dad was worried because he thought maybe your asthma played up again. You know he's always been on about that since that game."

"N'aw, gotta love Rufus." Fev said, trying to change the subject. Then her stomach rumbled and the idea hit her. "Actually can I swing by? I'm hungry and haven't been fed by Papa Humphrey in a while."

"I would say yes but he's at the studio and I'm on my way out." Dan said. Fev frowned, looking at the fridge full of food that no longer appealed to her after the prospect of Rufus Humphrey Waffles. "Hey, why don't we meet up and you can have breakfast and I can have lunch."