v1track6

Whenever Dan and Fev had a conversation about their future, the answer was always the same. He would use his scholarship and good grades to his advantage in securing an internship and hope to get an usher position for one of his idols, J.L Hall and use his knowledge of The Petting Zoo to wow him and secure a personal recommendation to fulfil his dream of going to Dartmouth to study English.

And Fev would hack into MIT to wow the professors there and secure a place in the engineering department.

Dan had always rolled his eyes whenever Fev smiled brightly, very much pleased with her answer. He could remember the first time Dan had introduced Fev to his parents and they had asked the stock standard question and she had responded with the whole hacking business and they both looked so confused, unsure how to progress with that.

No one did, because when you say you're going to hack into a university, they think you're just being a smart-ass.

But alas, when Dan walked up the steps to Constance/St. Jude's the Monday of Ivy Week, he was surprised to find his best friend there before him. There was Fev, sitting at their usual spot, headphones on and she was busy with the laptop she had pretty much built from scratch. Dan's eyes met Chuck's and he eyed the asshole in the scarf who was chatting away with Nate.

He'd filled her in on what had happened between Serena and Nate and Fev could only sigh. In her opinion, he had been a little too harsh on Serena, telling him "well what did you think? You know who she was. You shouldn't hold people on their mistakes." To which Dan had only shrugged off, not really wanting to get into it and asked about her story.

So she told him about the fainting spell. When Dan questioned her as to what she was doing at the Brunch in the first place, she just rattled off that Bart extended the invitation upon seeing his son's teacher. He bought it. She also ended up telling him that she had gotten ready in Chuck's suite because if Dan found out that she had hid that from him, he would Flip Out. Besides, she wasn't all giddy and smiley when she told him and for Dan, that honestly made him feel much better.

He sincerely hoped that now that Fev actually spoke to Chuck and had interacted with the real version of him that she could see who he really was and get over her personality flaw.

He really, really hoped she would since Chuck was standing not that far off and Dan had caught him glancing at the girl typing on her home-made laptop.

Which brings Dan to Fev Chandler who was completely oblivious to the entire world - to the fact that Chuck Bass was in somewhat close proximity to her - and was focused on the screen of her laptop. Dan came and sat down, putting his bag down as Fev barely glanced at him.

"Hey. What brings you here so early?"

"Better internet connection."

"For what?"

"Hacking into MIT."

A beat.

"I'm sorry... what?"

"See." She turned her laptop screen which showed a homepage that wasn't Fev's. For one, Fev's computer wallpaper was Biggie Smalls and not a picture of an Indian man with, what Dan assumed, his daughter and two cats.

"That's Anantha P. Chandrakasan, professor and dean of MIT with his daughter, Grishma, and their two cats, Fluffy and Snowy." She explained as she turned back to her screen and tsked. "The guy really needs to clean up his desktop space. Aish." She exclaimed and Dan assumed that last bit was something in another language. Normally, he might've asked her what it was since it was always interesting seeing her code-switch.