Chapter 3 : To The Mountain

Start of recap...

Bards looks at Calen who was hesitant and opens his arm to her she grins and runs to hug him with his daughters.

A man, Percy (who used to check the papers of the boats entering town), steps out of the crowd and exclaims loudly.

[Percy:] “It was Bard! He killed the dragon! I saw it with my own eyes. He brought the beast down. He shot him dead, with a black arrow.”

The people begin cheering for Bard and laying their hands on him, exclaiming their thanks.

[Various Townspeople:] “You saved us all! Thank you.”

Alfrid suddenly appears and raises Bard’s arm, then cheers loudly for him.

[Alfrid:] “ALL HAIL - TO THE DRAGONSLAYER! ALL HAIL - KING BARD!”

The people grow silent, and Bard yanks his hand away from Alfrid’s. Alfrid, still with his hand up in the air, speaks to the crowd.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

[Alfrid:] “I have said it many times - This is a man of noble stock. A born leader!”

[Bard:] “Do not call me that! I’m not the master of this town.”

Bard looks around.

[Bard:] “WHERE IS HE? WHERE’S THE MASTER?”

[Woman:] “Halfway down the Anduin, with all our coin, I don’t doubt. You would know!”

She points at Alfrid, who looks scared.

"nervous rat" muttered Calen Tilda heard her and both girls started laughing quietly at her words.

Both girls continued sniggering quietly and stopped when Sigrid nudged them both but she was also smiling at them.

[Woman:] “You helped him empty the treasury.”

[Alfrid:] “No - I tried to stop him.”

Alfrid raises his voice and addresses all the people, scared and pleadingly. The people yell at him angrily, calling him a traitor and a mongrel.

Alfrid hides behind Bard, keeping Bard between himself and the Woman.

[Alfrid:] “I pleaded. I pleaded. I said, ’Master - NO!’”

As the people continue to yell abuse at him, Alfrid looks terrified.

[Alfrid:] “Think of the children.”

Alfrid grabs Tilda and Calen who both yelped as he did and holds both girls  in front of him.

"Oi" cried out the Elfling as she shruggled to get out of his arms.

[Alfrid:] “Will nobody think of the children?!”

Tilda angrily stomps on Alfrid’s forcing him to let go of her and Calen stomped on his other one and twisted his arm back for good measure.