Chapter 18 : The Battle Has Finished!

Start of recap...

Meanwhile, Thorin manages to stab an orc in the knee; another orc rushes up and smashes into him, causing him to slide across the ice all the way to the edge of the waterfall, directly over Legolas and Bolg.

Bolg knocks Legolas over, but as he raises his mace, Thorin manages to knock an orc over the edge of the waterfall; it lands on the bridge behind Bolg, breaking through the stones and causing him to fall under a pile of rubble.

Another orc approaches Thorin, who is lying on his back, partially hanging over the edge of the waterfall, defenseless. As it raises its sword, Legolas manages to throw Orcrist into the orc’s chest, killing it.

As it falls over the edge, Thorin manages to reach out and grab the sword, saving it from going over.

As this was Going on Calen had enough time to Finish Healing Kili, Fili get guard looking out for any other Orcs.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

As Legolas is watching Thorin, Bolg leaps out of the rubble and swings at Legolas, but Legolas dodges and pulls out his two knives, fighting Bolg with them.

Thorin stands and looks in wonder at his blade come back to him; he looks up and sees Azog, alone, facing him.

Thorin and Azog approach each other slowly; suddenly, a horn blows, and Azog smiles as a hill in the distance behind him becomes covered with approaching orc help.

Azog charges forward and swings a large rock attached to a chain at Thorin, who ducks under it. As Azog is unbalanced by the swing, Thorin manages to get behind him and slash him.

Azog angrily swings the rock at him again, and as Thorin dodges, the rock smashes into the ice, cracking it.]

Meanwhile, Bolg throws a huge stone at Legolas, and it smashes the bridge beneath him.

In an amazing and inhuman feat of agility, Legolas manages to run up falling rocks and leaps at Bolg.

As they fight, Legolas manages to stab at Bolg, but Bolg grabs the knife between his arm and armor, just like in their encounter in Laketown.

This time, though, Legolas smiles and uses the knife as leverage to swing atop Bolg’s shoulder; he then stabs Bolg through the top of the head, killing him.

Legolas leaps back onto land as the bridge falls to the ground, carrying Bolg’s body with it. Legolas looks for Tauriel, but doesn’t see her.

[Legolas:] “Tauriel!”

As Thorin and Azog fight, the ice continues cracking. They both pause for a second, then Azog swings again. This time, the ice actually begins to break apart beneath them.

As Thorin stumbles over an edge of the ice, Azog manages to knock his legs out from under him with the chain.

As Azog swings again, Thorin manages to roll away. He leaps behind Azog, who is off balance, and slashes him again.

Azog angrily swings the rock and chain at Thorin, missing; this time, the rock becomes stuck in the ice, and Azog is forced to slash at Thorin with his bladed arm.

Suddenly, Azog looks into the sky behind Thorin in shock; we see the Eagles, with Radagast riding their leader, swoop by. They sail through the ranks of the oncoming orc reinforcements from Gundabad, decimating them.

Beorn, riding atop one of the Eagles, throws himself off it and transforms into a bear as he falls to the ground, landing in full massive bear form right in the middle of the orcs. He smashes through them.

"It's Beorn!" cries Calen Delighted to see the skin Changer again, Kili begins to wake up after she finished healing him.

"Kili"

Fili lunges for his brother and hugs him Kili smiles and hugs him back.
Calen watches as both Dwarfs hug.

Meanwhile, Thorin suddenly throws his sword down. Reaching forward, he lifts the rock at the end of the chain and tosses it to Azog, who instinctively catches it.

Azog looks at him in shock. Thorin jumps backward, off the ice floe that they were both standing on; without his weight to balance it, and with Azog at the other end holding the rock, the ice floe tips over and plunges Azog into the water below.

He scrabbles at the edge, but the chain pulls him down. Thorin pants in exhaustion.

Calens head snaps up to were Azog and Thorin were fighting on the ice, "shit! Fili Kili we have to save Thorin" she cries

Both Dwarfs heads snap up the scrabble to their feet, Calen gives them her arms Kili looks confused but grabs it anyway and they were off.

The Eagles attack the werebats, ripping them out of the air. As Thorin bends down to pick up Orcrist, he sees Azog through the ice, being pulled slowly by the current toward the frozen waterfall.

Thorin slowly walks above him, and they stare at each other through the ice. Azog closes his eyes. Suddenly, he opens them, and he manages to stab Thorin through the foot, through the ice, with his blade arm.

He leaps through the ice and pins Thorin down. As he stabs his blade arm at Thorin, Thorin manages to stop it from piercing his chest by sliding Orcrist in one of the forks of the blade.

Azog, using gravity and his superior weight and position, slowly pushes his blade further and further, and Thorin struggles to keep it away.

As they stare at each other, Thorin suddenly slides his sword out of the fork, allowing Azog’s blade to stab him through the chest.

As Azog smiles, Thorin raises his own sword and stabs Azog through the heart; from their close quarters, Azog cannot avoid it.

Thorin flips Azog over onto his back on the ice and forces Orcrist all the way through Azog and through the ice below.

Azog dies, with Thorin kneeling on top of him. Thorin, mortally wounded, struggles to get up.

Then calen Fili and Kili all appear a not far from him, they begin running towards him.

To be continued....

Oh my god its almost finished I can't believe it!!

Word count : 1026