Chapter 5:Biscuits and Apple Dumplings

Betrothed Chapter 5: Biscuits and Dumplings

"I said Cox apples of equal sizes! Are you deaf?!" Jimin said, kicking Baekhyun on the arm with his heels, making the sub beta servant hiss in pain but didn't say anything.

Groveling on the dirty marbled kitchen floor, Baekhyun grimaced as he received another kick from the prince.
"You stupid peasant; can't do anything right!" Jimin growled, stomping his heels on Baekhyun's hand that rested on the floor. Baekhyun's nail cracked and bleed, unwillingly making the servant cry out in pain.

Jimin hated how the servant looked so ugly crying. How dare he look so ugly and cry in front of Jimin's presence?! Pulling his dress up slightly, he brought his foot up and kicked Baekhyun's face to the side.

"Get out my presence, street rat!" Jimin growled, slapping Baekhyun's already red cheeks before turning around. The beta servant whimpered before standing up to bow then leaving the kitchen in haste.

Jimin huffed, crossing his arms; swiftly moving a loose strand of hair behind his ear. His brown eyes flicked towards the Cox apples neatly arranged in a basket on the table. Perhaps he could work with some of them; however he still deemed what he did earlier right. Those who failed to please him shall receive punishment; that's what he grew up to.

It was quite early in the morning for Jimin to be up and about, 5 in the morning to be exact. Of course, servants were up before him and the cooks have already started preparing meals in the kitchen where Jimin is currently on. Ambrosial aroma filled the air, mixing with the morning dew emitting from the open window that leads immediately to the back gardens where laundry and other servant chores take place.

The sky is a murky shade of blue and grey; the sun has yet to rise. Being on an elevated ground, it was quite cold and windy in the palace; Jimin loathed the way the cold wind kissed his delicate and fragile skin. Jimin huffed as he turned to his heels and walked towards the royal pantry, with thoughts of collecting the ingredients he needed for an apple dumpling.

The pantry is quite large, a vast room with tall ceilings filled with shelves of food, preserves, and spices. He made his way to the food preserves, running his small dainty fingers through jars of jams and jellies; looking for marmalade. Each jars of jam and preserves were neatly labeled by someone with elegant writing.

Silently, Jimin read all the labels. Rhubarb… Blueberries… Strawberries… The list of jams went on until his eyes and fingers landed on an orange coloured preserve. Marmalade, finally. Jimin took the jar and headed back to the kitchen where a bowl of carefully prepared suet crust and a plate of peeled and cored Cox apples waited on his previous working space. He was about to blow his top and planned to complain that he doesn't need anyone's help; till he saw who was peeling and coring the apples.

It was Taehyung, surprisingly. The pure blooded omega queen seemed quite stressed yet was pleasantly humming a beautiful tune as his nimble slender fingers glided the knife through the Apple's skin; making satisfying ribbons of apple skin. On the light orange glow of the sunrise through the window, Jimin couldn't help but gasp at his mother's beauty that didn't falter when he aged. Taehyung's copper kissed skin glowed, showing off his healthy state. His musk scent wafting over to Jimin, calming the young omega with his pleasing and calming scent.

In Jimin's eyes, his mother is quite perfect. He's beautiful, dainty, and an excellent queen who's great at acting around peasants, fooling everyone that he's not disgusted by them. Jimin could also see how deep in love his mother is to his father so why… Why did his father have to find another omega and impregnate them, rather than make new children with his mother?

Perhaps his mother isn't as flawless as he thinks he is. Perhaps it's due to the fact that his mother fights back and speaks up against his father? Is it due to the fact that his mother is too kind to peasants? Or is it because his mother engaged in activities that are unomega-like?