Chapter 3:True Nature

Betrothed Chapter Three: True Nature

(5 years later)

Jimin is beautiful. He may be bratty when he was five, however he has grown and mature; at least in Yoongi’s eyes. To him, his fated mate is very beautiful and kind. The omega prince is also excellent at dancing, just like their Hoseok hyung.

Yoongi was quite excited. He had plans to sneak off into town with Jimin today and he’s sure the latter would love to see the sights and meet their people. Yoongi also can’t wait to go to the shops and purchase gifts for Hoseok and Jimin.

Speaking of Hoseok, Yoongi adores the elder very much. He loves the noble alpha with all his might and support the elder’s dreams of being a scholar at the August Kingdom. Currently, he’s with Hoseok right now, testing their agility and strength through the forest.

“You’re getting slower, Yoongi-ah!” Hoseok teased as he swiftly latched on some vines and climbed it with arm strength alone, getting on a slippery tree branch that’s covered in moss.

Yoongi growled, hating the thought of losing to his hyung despite this being a playful competition and daily exercise.

Yoongi hopped on rocks, increasing speed as he picks up the momentum. Hoseok got tired of swinging around on the vines so he opted to lay down on a thick tree branch on one of the oak trees, looking at Yoongi who’s now attempting to climb the tree his resting on. Hoseok had to hold back a laugh as he stared at Yoongi’s adorable expression; scrunching his nose as he held on the vines that covered the tree trunk.

When the Kim Heir finally managed to reach the branch Hoseok was on, he climbed on and sat beside Hoseok who smiled brightly at him.

“You’re getting better, Yoongi-ah.” Hoseok praised, ruffling Yoongi’s hair, earning a pout from the latter. “You used to give me kisses. Five years more and we’ll get married. Why are you not giving me as much affection as before?”

Hoseok momentarily froze. At the age of 13, Yoongi still hasn’t gotten over their childish promise to each other about marrying each other? “You see, Yoongi-ah… You’re getting married to Jimin. You can’t have two mates.” Yoongi frowned at that, crossing his arms.

“Jungkook-hyung has two mates!” The Kim heir tried to counter. “I can have you and Jimin as my mates!” Hoseok flushed at that before sadly smiling at Yoongi. “Beomgyu-hyung and TaeTae-hyung are both omegas, that’s why the two of them can be Jungkook-hyung’s mate at the same time. I’m an alpha. An alpha male to be exact. A love between two alpha males can’t be. The public wouldn’t fancy that. You’re the heir to the Noble Household of Kims. You’re also expected to make an heir. You read the rules!”

Yoongi teared up from that. “B-but, I love you, Hobi-hyung.” Hoseok’s heart felt as if it’s being squeezed. He loves Yoongi, that’s blatant, however; Jimin is not one to share and surely the public would be outraged to hear the Kim Heir engaging in an affair with a male alpha when he has Prince Jimin; an actual omega.

“I love you too, Yoongi-ah. However, I can’t give you pups and happiness. You have Jimin; he can give you happiness and pups. You love him, don’t you?”

Yoongi sniffled, wiping his snot off with his sleeve. “I love the both of you. I don’t care if you won’t give me pups. I want to love you and for you to love me too; you have always been my dearest Hobi-hyung.”

Hoseok couldn’t bear the sight of Yoongi crying for him and their love. He got closer to the younger alpha, wrapping his arms around him in an embrace. Yoongi cried more, embracing his hyung back as well. 

“I’ll be sure to love you hyung and cherish you. If our love cannot be in the eyes of the public… Then we can love behind closed doors.”  Yoongi muttered as he closed his eyes and the gap between him and Hoseok.