Vain

Long ago, there once was a woman locked away high in a tower just above the mountains view and in that tower a woman who's beauty was radiant as the sun, and smelt of flowers, with hair long as a stream. But because her beauty was like no other, her mother locked her away to keep her safe from herself.
~~~~~

"Stupid story man," Oscar says. "It's true," argues Sean. "Yo Tom, what you think?" They ask. "Fake, just a made up fairytale," I say back. "But the tower," Oscar begins but is soon cut off by Sean, "It was built for attraction now lets go, it's getting cold and dark." I turn myself towards the path we came through only stopping to hearing a voice. " Did you here that?" I asked, I turn back to see my two supposed buddies already gone. "So much as friends," I thought. I begin walking but cut off by hearing the voice again, I was so in tune by this voice that I didn't even realize I was following it. Minuets go by which felt like hours only stopping to hear it come from the tower.

As I approached more closely I could hear more, singing? The tower itself was terrifyingly old and crumbled I'm surprised It's still up."Thomas," I hear. I feel paralyzed, looking up I see a light and a distinct shadow. How? nobody would be able to make it up there. Though for some reason I had to see who it was. Circling the tower to see if there was anyway up but none, only climbing the old vines would be my way; lets hope I don't fall. Almost there "Thomas," I hear who is it? I reach the window and slide in, it's dark but I swore I saw light. A flash of cold air hits me sending chills down my back. I notice dead leaves, dust, and cob webs everywhere a single bed lay in the corner of the room, but what caught my eye the most were mirrors, plastered every inch of the walls.

I can see myself with every turn I make. "Thomas," I hear once more. I look at the mirror in front of me, seeing myself as a mess. However I see fingers? Creeping down my shoulders and feel a hot breath on my neck."Thomas," suddenly the room is lit, I turn around to see a woman, no a goddess stand before me naked covered with only her long train of golden hair. "Who are you?" I asked, she just smiles. She then walks slowly towards me, with each step she takes I become immobile. "Am I beautiful?" She asks, I nod then again she asks once more and all I can do is nod. Though now she is mere inches away from my face and plants a strong gut wrenching kiss to my lips, it's sweet and irony-irony?Blood! I push back only to hear a cry and to see the room unlit once more and each mirror broken. Though in front of me was her, her back turned towards me and hair sprawled out with blood, and small ghostly children wrapped neatly within her strands. I need to get out of here but how. I can't move.

"Am I beautiful," all I can do is nod.

~~~~~
"There the end," Oscar says "Dude how is that even possible, so what the chick in the tower was so into herself she believed that if she killed every towns boy and bathe in their blood she would live forever." Oscar nods. "It's true, that's why her mom locked her away so she wont take anymore lives. And soon after she killed herself with one of her mirrors by breaking it, Oscar exaggerated. "Sean shakes his head. "Hey where's Tom?" Asked Sean. "Did you hear that?" Oscar looks behind him back towards the woods. "You're imaging things," Sean reply's. "I swear I heard a scream," Oscar's eyes go wide."What if it's Tom?" he turned to Sean with a worried look. "Relax he probably took the short cut like always." he says. "Sean," he looks over to Oscar. "What?" Oscar looks confused. "I didn't call you," he then walks off.

Strange I thought I heard my name "Sean," he looks back, it's coming from the woods he thinks. Without realizing, he soon follows to the voice that's calling his name...