ACAB

Darryl's Pov

"Uhhhhh,,, well my car umm kind of.... isn't there" I told him, trying my best not to freak out.

"What?! 

"I think somebody carjacked it, I kinda.. left my keys in there." I said, quickly shutting my eyes in regret.

"Hold on." He said walking back upstairs.

After a while of trying to distract myself, he came back and told me he'd be able to see who took my car.

"Wait really?" I asked

"Yeah, we have a camera out there so we'll be able to see them and what direction they went in," He said as I let out a sigh of relief.

"But currently I think it's too dark to search for it, so for now we can only send it to the police. (and I'm not sure they can get back to us that fast...)" 

"Oh, but we should at least try giving it to them. Just in case."

AN: I do NOT support the police btw (ACAB), but this is for the plot :/. 

"Alright, I'll do that now."

He sent it in and looked back at me with a question.

"Hey um, they said they'd get back to us within 24 hours. What should we do now?" 

"Uhm, I can't really walk home in this darkness." I said, realizing the result of my mistake.

"I can give you a ride back if you want" 

"Oh I don't want to bother you, it was my fault for always leaving my key in the car when I'm here." I told him.

"What if you stayed over? It's probably just my fault for keeping you for so long. Last time, you left as soon as you got your food haha," he offered, "besides, a ride here and back would probably be more trouble for me than you just staying over."

Staying over at his place? Why are people just trying to help me so much recently?? Why's he's being so nice to me???

"No really, you don't need to I-"

"Honestly, it's not too much trouble. Unless you just don't want to stay over, I get it, it's not the *best* place." He said with a chuckle.

"Nonono i'm sure its a good place I just," 

Should I stay over? Now that I think about it there's not much I could do, I could call an ride but now I think that'd just be rude.

"You know, maybe I will. Only if  you're sure that's okay."

"Totally dude, don't worry." He said giving me a reassuring smile.

I tried my best to play it cool, yet I couldn't help but break into a toothy smile and thank him. 

I was somewhat embarrassed that I needed help, though once I thought about it, "Maybe it could be a fun sleeping over" I thought trying to look on the bright side.

(word count: 457)