A lot

Darryl's Pov:

As I sat with Zak, slowly falling asleep, I started to think, like I usually did. Ever since I could remember, I had the habit of just thinking about whatever happened that day or just something random from the past. It wasn't that good of a habit, but It wasn't that bad most recently; and when I wasn't sleeping where I usually did, I could fall asleep easily. Though, since that day was filled with "surprises", it wasn't well that night. 

Why was Zak so adimant about keeping his past time a secret?  So much that he kissed me?! Why'd he- Oh right, why'd *I* put that as a consequence?  Did I wan- Was I okay with it? It ended as soon as it started, so I don't really know.

I tried to find out by imagining it.

Locking eyes with Zak, feeling as though he was staring deep into my soul.

Him getting closer to me, enough that I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

Us both letting our guards down, closing our eyes, leaning into each other until-

"OK NO I'm done with imagining it!" I thought as my heart-rate spiked.

I abandoned my original question when Zak (as gently as he could) shook me awake.

"Darry? Darry, are you okay? Your heart was beating like crazy, it woke me up." He said in a worried yelling whisper.

"I-"

I was met with his concerned face inches away from mine as I opened my eyes, making my face flush amply.

"Your face is all red too!" he highlighted (still in a whisper), reaching over to feel my forehead, "Do you have a fever???"

"No, I'm okay-" I quickly and quietly assured, looking away from him while covering my lower face with my shirt.

Why did I imagine that? Why do I feel this way? Am I- Do I... like him?

In a second of thought, I decided it was now or never to address it, or else i'd never be able to sleep.

"It's just.. Uhm.."

Come on Darryl, now or never!

"Well, I wanted to thank you again for letting me stay over and baking with me and being so nice and... I just needed to tell you that I-" I paused, reddening even more.

"Yeah?"

"I just think... you're really cool. Ok good night Zakie" I told him, turning over to the other side pulling some blanket over me.

"Oh alright thanks, good night Darry..."

Ugh why'd I have to bail? I guess I'll just have to try my best to fall asleep...

Zak's Pov:

"I'd say you're pretty cool too."

"uhm,,, wait really?" He asked in a somewhat less sleepy tone, turning back over to look at me.

"Y-yeah" I affirmed trying make him cheer up.

I figured he was a bit nervous and I wanted to make up for the awkwardness from earlier.

"I think you're pretty nice :)" I said, giving him a smile and leaning closer to him. 

"oh, thanks," he said as he broke our eye contact to glance in another direction.

Wait, why's he turning red again? Am I seeing things? The only light I'm going off is the computer screen, but is he embarrassed? 

"No problem, just the truth." I complimented, trying to get him used to them.

"Th-thanks, but there's something I don't get... Why're you being so nice to me?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Um, you've just helped me a lot, with cheering me up and distracting me from worrying. I don't get why."

"Well, I just think you deserve it, it's not like it's your fault that happened to you. You seem like a good person too and I like you."

Wait, WHAT DID I JUST SAY? Maybe he won't take it that way?? I mean, I do like him but I'm not read- I don't know...

"Oh  thanks I- I like you too" Darry responded as we fell asleep, closing our eyes.

.

.

.

"I like you a lot..."

(Word count: 635)